SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off the top of my head on a Saturday morning.....

Ambrosia - Ambrosia
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled
Brand X - Unorthodox Behaviour
Duncan Browne - The Wild Places
Kayak - Royal Bed Bouncer
Kayak - Starlight Dancer (US track list)
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Solar fire
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Watch
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Chance
Marscape - Marscape
Watch is one of my favourite albums, saw MMEB a few times, last saw them on the Angel Station tour!

Off the top of my head on a Saturday morning.....

Ambrosia - Ambrosia
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled
Brand X - Unorthodox Behaviour
Duncan Browne - The Wild Places
Kayak - Royal Bed Bouncer
Kayak - Starlight Dancer (US track list)
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Solar fire
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Watch
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Chance
Marscape - Marscape
Royal Bed Bouncer with a very discrete mix would be fun!

Watch is one of my favourite albums, saw MMEB a few times, last saw them on the Angel Station tour!
Too young for that, but I did see them in 2012, 2016 and 2019.
I also know they've been working on new material, but Manfred has a tendency to be very fussy when it comes to producing albums, so no idea when that may be released. (And the chance of it getting released in surround is probably slim, although non-zero.)

My wishes either 5.1 or Atmos are:

UK - all three first albums
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot
Kraftwerk - studioalbums Autobahn, Radioaktivität, etc.
Tangerine Dream - any
Pink Floyd - Meddle!!!
Dire Straits - Debut, Love Over Gold
The Cars - Debut
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene
Genesis - first albums till Lamb lies down on Broadway
Neil Young - Harvest, After the Gold Rush
Klaus Schulze - any

Last edited:
Alan Parsons is reportedly doing 5.1 mixes of those two Ambrosia albums, so those will be released some form, I assume.
I've been waiting years to hear a report like this ! 😀

The first two Ambrosia albums are both in my Top 10 Favorites List, with "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" being #1.
This would be my Surround Sound dream come true :love: to have these two masterpieces mixed into Surround Sound.

edit 6/11/2023:
cut & paste from an earlier post of mine (1/1/2022):
>>
For me "a quadie wet dream" would be a multi-channel release of their 2nd album "Somewhere I've Never Travelled" (Produced & Engineered by Alan Parsons in 1976). I have been fortunate enough to hear 'The Brunt' live a couple of times, "What Fun, Fun, Fun 'til Daddy took the Rhino away !!" To borrow a quote from Mr. Stocklin. 'The Brunt' & 'Danse With Me George (Chopin's Plea)' would be multi-channel bliss to my ears.

'And', in total agreement with 'cbmmm3':
The lead off Trio of 'Nice, Nice, Very Nice', 'Time Waits For No One', & 'Holdin' On To Yesterday', plus the INCREDIBLE deep tracks 'Make Us All Aware', 'Mama Frog' and 'Drink Of Water' from Ambrosia's self titled 1st album (also engineered by Alan Parsons, produced by Freddie Piro) would be multi-channel Nirvana, the stuff Travellers' Dreams are made of.

I do not know the status of their Master Tapes, so I cannot speculate on the likelihood of any Ambrosia discrete multi-channel releases in the future, but with the recent release of the Alan Parsons mixed Al Stewart albums, I will remain 'hopeful'.

>> end of cut & paste

Since Alan Parsons was involved with both albums, as Engineer on s/t "Ambrosia", and as Producer/Engineer on "Somewhere I've Never Travelled", it makes perfect sense for Mr. Parsons to undertake mixing them.

Last edited:
Hopefully any such releases will be encoded using lossless audio instead of Dolby Digital, like 'From The New World'... 😳
Typically depends on the label... We know that Alan prefers Blu-ray but it was apparently too expensive for Frontiers.

(Sorry for the OT excursions.)

I'd love to hear The Cure in 5.1 or Atmos. Preferably Disintegration.

9a300e21-2e88-4395-a23f-9aa413249b6c_text.gif

I’d really love a Steve Wilson treatment of Rush’s 1984 album Grace Under Pressure! There are so many reasons why this would be great,as the original mix is needing a better remix and or remaster! But a Atmos mix would be so great as the band had a better mix of the keyboards/guitar than signals,not saying that that album was bad,it was just that Alex’s guitar was buried but still had moments of greatness! The production of GUP had his guitar sounding so much better as well as both Geddy and Neil’s rhythm section is second to none! So whether it happens or not? Here’s hoping it will happen!❤️😎👍

Back