HiRez Poll Seal - IV [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Seal - SEAL IV

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Comments and Observations Please.......(y) (n)

This disc is (was) released as a straight DVD-Audio and later as a CD+DVD-A DualPack. Scans of both are shown below.

Attachments

• seal iv standard.jpg
    seal iv standard.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 265
  • seal iv dual.jpg
    seal iv dual.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 264
My thoughts as well; now if we could have the 2nd album Seal (1994) that would be the real deal. The last one Human Being was pretty mixed as well. The cover art was horrible (translation: put me in the cut-out bin). I dubbed the songs I liked and sold it.

Hey, I just saw this in a store, and it was the "Deluxe" edition, with a CD included (like YOSHI). Never saw that one before.....

JonUrban said:
Hey, I just saw this in a store, and it was the "Deluxe" edition, with a CD included (like YOSHI). Never saw that one before.....

Yep - It was marketed both ways AND was not proclaimed to be a DVD-A at all by many retailers on-line or otherwise.....

This is a disc I had to listen to several times to have it sink in (why? Cause I'm a Church of Trevor Horn worshipper, hehehe)..
The stereo is excellent...I like the songs, and the DTS mix is....

LOUD!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Somehow I feel dynamics went out the window....

Still it's a great add...

I've had this disc for a few years, but I haven't listened a lot. Today I listened through from beginning to end, and I must say I really enjoyed it. I don't know the songs, but I thought they were pretty good. I especially liked the variety of textures, and the surround mix was really nice and active. I'll give it an 8.

This was my first DVD-A purchase , back when it came out and 4 years before I had a MCH system.
Love the songs, and the production..except for the brickwalling...
A tenner!

It's a "9" from me.

An album that I literally played to death when it first came out on cd (the first track, "Get it Together" used to be my alarm clock song first thing in the morning to blow the cobwebs away back in '04! worked a treat! but looking back, my poor neighbours at 6:30 a.m. must've hated me! oops!).

I was so thrilled to discover (just by chance online, this was nowhere to be found on UK record store shelves!) that this was also on DVDA in 5.1, so I had to get it right away..!!

I'd give it a 10 if it had the lyrics on-screen and a bonus track or two but other than that, the music and the mix and the man I all adore, so this is one of my "dream come true" DVDA'S!

Back