second set of Genesis SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'll be! Amazing; I ran the SKU (CVIRIMPSA4875) in Google which usually lights up dozens of links but this place is the ONLY seller with this info.

The SKU for the box Googled this old press release info:

Label: SACD - Miscellaneous
Item #: WGENESISSET3 Price: $129.99
Availability: This item is a Pre-Order
RELEASE DECEMBER 2007:rolleyes:
GENESIS IMPORT HYBRID SACD SET 3 (5 x SACD + 5 x DVD)

This has to be rather preliminary information...

Gotta be 2008 cause Sept to Dec 2007 is too tight marketing-wise;
do you know if the DVD-Vs are NTSC or not?

Despite being completists about the later bonus tracks, I can find no accomodation for: Twilight Alehouse, Happy The Man, Watcher Of The Skies (unreleased single mix) to name the most famous ones.

I have to think this information will inevitably change; given that the SACD boxes have been $150 & up, it's hard to imagine the most important one going for less than that.

Genesis & Virgin: Why is it so difficult to release stuff you've been sitting on for 3-4 years and have had ample time to plan for?

Last edited:
From www.genesis-news.com. . .

box2-600.jpg

Amazon.com has this image as well, so it looks like RED is the color! Wonder what the first era's color will be. . .green, yellow, etc.?

Also, HMV.co.jp just e-mailed me to announce the release date has been postponed to October 1.

This is the third time (that I know of) that the release date has been pushed back. First scheduled for release in June/July, then early September (3), then September 17, and now October 1.

Given these delays, it's probably way too early to start speculating about the third box set, and I doubt it'll be ready by December.

Best,
Josh

Thanks for the link (kick in the pants to see what's up); the third box details looks like it needs an update being written some 10 months ago.

Correction on the non-lp tracks as there is some (semi-concrete) details:

In addition, bonus SACD / DVD (North-America: CD / DVD) with the Non-Album Tracks:
- Twilight Alehouse
- Happy The Man
According to Nick Davis, The Jackson Tape will be released on the Bonus SACD. This would include the tracks
- Provocation
- Frustration
- Manipulation
- Resignation

NEVER heard of these! I had the Armando Gallo books et al but never heard about these before. Hope they still come through on this.... :)

The CD+DVD US versions of the 2nd Genesis set are now at yourmusic.com for $6.99 per double-disc set, if anyone's interested.

The CD+DVD US versions of the 2nd Genesis set are now at yourmusic.com for $6.99 per double-disc set, if anyone's interested.

You mean the first set (though it would be the second set chronologically!)

Let's see...the Genesis Live 1976 laserdisc sold for $66.00 when it WAS in print and $100+ when not. So it's included on the Trick Of The Tail DVD and you're giving me a CD also for 7 bucks. That's a fairly good deal!

You mean the first set (though it would be the second set chronologically!)

Yes, fortunately (meaning the earlier ones should be available in the future [crossed fingers]). I'm more of a Gabriel-era fan, so it's hard to think of Phil Collins-era Genesis as being "first".

Back