Select your "Must Have" Namlook dts CDs (Thread 1 of 4)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select the Namlook dts CDs that you think are the "Must Haves" of the collection (1 of 4)

• Total voters

Clement

Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
QQ Supporter
My QQ comrade @Simon A (aka Toast of Namlook) recently turned me on to the work of Peter Kuhlmann, know in these parts as Pete Namlook. Taking my cue from this thread, I decided to compile an official poll with viewable results that listed all of the released titles. Since Namlook is no longer with us, this will be our go-to spot for future eBay searchers to find the most desirable titles.

You can vote for as many titles as you like. You will NOT be able to change your vote on this one, so think carefully, although you probably already know. Remember, there is no limit to how many you can vote for.

I took the titles from this discogs
link. I count thirty-nine (39) distinct titles. Please let me know if any additional titles should be added. We're up to 40!

NOTE: I am only able to add ten (10) titles per thread. This is the first of four threads! #2 #3 #4

Last edited:
My QQ comrade @Simon A (aka Toast of Namlook) recently turned me on to the work of Peter Kuhlmann, know in these parts as Pete Namlook. Taking my cue from this thread, I decided to compile an official poll with viewable results that listed all of the released titles. Since Namlook is no longer with us, this will be our go-to spot for future eBay searchers to find the most desirable titles.

You can vote for as many titles as you like. You will NOT be able to change your vote on this one, so think carefully, although you probably already know. Remember, there is no limit to how many you can vote for.

I took the titles from this discogs
link. I count thirty-nine (39) distinct titles. Please let me know if any additional titles should be added.

NOTE: I am only able to add ten (10) titles for now. I'll return to this poll to add more ASAP

Looking forward to some of the results on this; as currently don't own any Namlook, but would like to.

I love every single Namlook 5.0 dts CD release which is why I have voted for every one of them. I will add a few listening notes. Every album can be sampled on iTunes.

Pete Namlook & Klaus Schulze - Dark Side of the Moog XI

The piece is divided in three parts.

Part I is a little over 18 minutes long and is mainly comprised of a drum loop with various wooshy sounds and effects which is the main drive of the track for the first 10 minutes. Then a dark, evil and up to no good Moogy melody becomes the main focus of the track. It took me some time to warm to this one, but I really like it now. It's quite a moody piece.

Part II is 22 minutes long and is mostly driven by thick synth pads, arpeggiator loops (very analog sounding like Jean Michel Jarre) and long guitar wails (think of the guitar sound and texture Daryl Stuermer uses in Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight). This is the reason why I bought this CD. It's what made me a Namlook fan for life. It is my favourite track of the album and I would have loved a 60 minute version. :)

Part III is 16 and half minutes long is driven by a faster drum loop than Part I and feels a little like a naked club track which 10 minutes in transforms in a weird ambient blend of synth pads, spacey sounds and bird noises. It's the oddest of the three parts.

Overall, a solid mix. The bass on that thing is huge!

Move D / Namlook: XI - Sons Of Kraut

Move D and Namlook have released dozens of albums and each of them is worth exploring as these two studio wizards have more than one trick in their musical bags. Track 2 sounds like a long trippy remix of Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Welcome to the Pleasuredome.

Last edited:
Yep, just like Pokemons. Collect them all! :)
Were you talking about me? Of course Psyduck loves Namlook !
gif_temp.gif

OK, appreciate the loyalty :p , then maybe a "TOP 5 Favorites", for us uninitiated to start with (help out a poor mutt please?)
Here's why giving you my faves isn't necessarily helping anyone out. These discs go from $25 to $125 because there were only between 300 to 500 copies of each title made. Here's an example. My favourite is The Ambient Gardener - Summer. There's only one copy for sale on Discogs right now for €59.00. It's a bit nuts but since Pete's passing in 2012, prices have always just kept increasing. More people discover his music and most fans want to keep their copies.

I'm counting >40 DTS CD's by either Namlook or his collaborations with others. But the exact number I do not know.
I can list the titles I know of given time.
"Arabesque" listed above was one I wasn't aware of.

Arabesque is not an album but one track from Sons of Kraut. Every Surround album has been listed in the 4 threads so there is no need to list them again.

Here is a hot tip for all you Namlook seekers. Years ago I bought many of his surround titles from a guy in Boulder Colorado who was in direct contact with the artist. At that time I paid around $27 per title, and remember I met him face to face so there was no shipping.

I just checked and he still has some of the titles in stock. Go to this website:

https://www.ear-rational.com/product-category/compact-discs/
and search on Namlook. The surround titles are not necessarily clearly marked in the first result - if you look for editions that say "2 CDs" and click through to the description you will find out whether the DTS is included.

Here are two that are in stock:

https://www.ear-rational.com/product/pearl-ii/https://www.ear-rational.com/product/the-ambient-gardener-summer/
Some titles are listed as "available on backorder," which I am not really sure what that means. Others are shown, but are out of stock. I remember the guy being aware that people were reselling for higher prices. Perhaps if someone contacted him and convinced him we were in it for the surround, and not for resale, he might reveal that he has more than the website is listing.

I am guessing that this will be your best source of reasonably priced Namlook.

I hope this helps!

Here is a hot tip for all you Namlook seekers. Years ago I bought many of his surround titles from a guy in Boulder Colorado who was in direct contact with the artist. At that time I paid around $27 per title, and remember I met him face to face so there was no shipping.

I just checked and he still has some of the titles in stock. Go to this website:

https://www.ear-rational.com/product-category/compact-discs/
and search on Namlook. The surround titles are not necessarily clearly marked in the first result - if you look for editions that say "2 CDs" and click through to the description you will find out whether the DTS is included.

Here are two that are in stock:

https://www.ear-rational.com/product/pearl-ii/https://www.ear-rational.com/product/the-ambient-gardener-summer/
Some titles are listed as "available on backorder," which I am not really sure what that means. Others are shown, but are out of stock. I remember the guy being aware that people were reselling for higher prices. Perhaps if someone contacted him and convinced him we were in it for the surround, and not for resale, he might reveal that he has more than the website is listing.

I am guessing that this will be your best source of reasonably priced Namlook.

I hope this helps!

I also bought a lot of Namlook from Ear-rational years ago. He's a good seller.

If he has any Namlook surrounds left, I'd grab them. I don't think the "available on backorder" will ever appear again, but you can ask him about it.

Sure, I'll remove myself from the conversation, then. But all surround albums are not listed.

No need to be dramatic. You could simply write a PM to Clement with the missing titles and he could start a 5th thread. In the end, it's about sharing truthful information so that those who wish to add these titles to their collection can do so in a simple and clear manner.

No need to be dramatic. You could simply write a PM to Clement with the missing titles and he could start a 5th thread. In the end, it's about sharing truthful information so that those who wish to add these titles to their collection can do so in a simple and clear manner.
Dramatic? lol. That's twice now you've told me what to do, sonny. So I propose you keep your advice to yourself and everything's zen.

Woah, bumping an old thread here, I got 3 (well, 4 but we’ll get to that) Namlook DTS CD’s in today, Pearl II, Raumland Exploration and Subconsious Worlds. I bought them off a seller from Discogs who claims to have bought the whole of the FAX stock after Namlook’s death. Unfortunately the guy forgot to put my apartment number on the package so they made it all the way to Germany, all the way through customs, all the way to my apartment… then back to the post office, back to Germany… then finally back to me. I open it up to find them all mint as advertised… but with two copies of Pearl II instead of the Pearl I I ordered… perhaps a giveaway is in the future, as I can’t be bothered to return it to Germany *again*.

Starting with Raumland Exploration and boy howdy what a mix. Big and expansive and easy to get lost in

Woah, bumping an old thread here, I got 3 (well, 4 but we’ll get to that) Namlook DTS CD’s in today, Pearl II, Raumland Exploration and Subconsious Worlds. I bought them off a seller from Discogs who claims to have bought the whole of the FAX stock after Namlook’s death. Unfortunately the guy forgot to put my apartment number on the package so they made it all the way to Germany, all the way through customs, all the way to my apartment… then back to the post office, back to Germany… then finally back to me. I open it up to find them all mint as advertised… but with two copies of Pearl II instead of the Pearl I I ordered… perhaps a giveaway is in the future, as I can’t be bothered to return it to Germany *again*.

Starting with Raumland Exploration and boy howdy what a mix. Big and expansive and easy to get lost in
All three Raumland albums are must haves! Glad you're enjoying the album.

Back