Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, ima have to check that out tonight! My AVR is another Sony--STRDN 1080 AV. I wonder what's going on if yours plays them . . . my Chicago Quadio and Eric Clapton 4.0 Blu-rays come through as 2.0 as well. Yet another research project for me to tackle! Thanks for the info--I'm excited to know it can work!
EDIT: I'm having the same problem as @edisonbaggins notes in
THIS post
I think that thread has to do with playing 4.0 FLAC files. I kind of remember my X800 not being able to do that.

image.jpg

If anybody screws up, they play the <Covid> card. It’s funny how Amazon seems immune to the scamdemic
You are right on about that! The Covid thing seems to be a total cop out to some of these vendors who are just incompetent..
Eleethomas, my package had the same return address as yours..Yes, I also thought it was a bit odd.
Now as far as the music goes. Excellent is an understatement. Toulouse St. has exceeded all my expectations.
Very much looking forward to hearing the others 😄

Ha ha, nothing but 14 Tens on the Poll already, I’m predicting it’ll be the highest rated title in all our Polls, it’s that great!
Got mine in yesterday, and got into Toulouse Street right quick- astounding, this is how Quad was meant to sound :D
Even Mrs. Pupster was diggin’ it cranked up, now that was the real torture test for this :QQlove
14 tens? Not too bad, hey😃
It very well may wind up at the top.
Though as of right now, it still isn't shown in hi-rez poll charts😞

If anybody screws up, they play the <Covid> card. It’s funny how Amazon seems immune to the scamdemic
You are right on about that! The Covid thing seems to be a total cop out to some of these vendors who are just incompetent..
Eleethomas, my package had the same return address as yours..Yes, I also thought it was a bit odd.
Now as far as the music goes. Excellent is an understatement. Toulouse St. has exceeded all my expectations.
Very much looking forward to hearing the others 😄

Yes I'm sure it's all the great and powerful families of the world got together and hatched massive conspiracy to slightly slow down the delivery times of smaller vendors, and it could have nothing to do with Amazon having the largest consumer delivery logistics infrastructure in the world.

The next time you complain about COVID inconveniencing you, keep in mind that more people in the US have died from it in the last 6 months than died in combat in WW1, Vietnam, Korea, the American Revolution, Iraq, Afghanistan and 1812...combined. Just because you have pandemic fatigue doesn't mean that it isn't a very real thing with very real effects.

Yes I'm sure it's all the great and powerful families of the world got together and hatched massive conspiracy to slightly slow down the delivery times of smaller vendors, and it could have nothing to do with Amazon having the largest consumer delivery logistics infrastructure in the world.

The next time you complain about COVID inconveniencing you, keep in mind that more people in the US have died from it in the last 6 months than died in combat in WW1, Vietnam, Korea, the American Revolution, Iraq, Afghanistan and 1812...combined. Just because you have pandemic fatigue doesn't mean that it isn't a very real thing with very real effects.
I totally know this isn't the place, but these sort of things are powerful. I lost a friend (high school mate) and a work mate, in the last week to COVID.

Ha! I had totally forgotten that my Sony UBP X800 does NOT play 4.0 mixes! I stopped the Blu-ray, put it in the OPPO, and W O W! ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING I had hoped for and dreamed about! Can't WAIT to get home from my practicum and get lost in the sonic bliss!
Some combinations (Oppo 103 and Yamaha AVR for example) have a bug where if you play 4 channel using LPCM from the player, the rear channels won’t play. Switching to bitstream decoding in the player fixes this. Just a thought if something seems off....

Back