Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear.......I had no idea Listen to the Music had a banjo on it until I heard this mix. :LOL: One track in and I love this already.

Wanna hear another mind-blowing nugget on this song? Toward the end of the track, adjust your quad balance to heavy right rear, and you’ll discover them singing “Won’t you listen to the music playin’”-over and over again 👀😍❤️ Freakin’ amaaaazing!!!

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! Just got an email from Rhino......My order is on the way!!!!! Finally!!! I think i'm going to faint!!!!:love:(y):SB:QQlove:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
excellent.gif

When I got home last night, The Doobies Quadio was waiting for me! I tried to contain myself throughout dinner. As soon as I cleared the dishes, I delicately asked my wife if she wouldn't mind getting the funk outta the living room, where she was grading, so I might listen to Quadio (while simultaneously doing some homework for one of my classes). She graciously acquiesced, I plopped in Toulouse Street, cranked up the AVR and . . . was dumbfounded at what a piece of crap I was hearing: there seemed to be very little discrete action and some of the sound came across as weak and buried within the mix. Incredulous, I made my way around the back speakers and tried to readjust myself in the sweet spot--still crap! Had I finally done irreparable damage to my hearing? Had I hyped this mix beyond what was sonically possible? Was I having a bad flashback? WTF?!? The Captain and Me was even worse! How could this be happening? I tried to pretend all was well and just do my homework. By the time the a cappella section of "Black Water" came on What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits, I lost my shit and got up to explore.

Ha! I had totally forgotten that my Sony UBP X800 does NOT play 4.0 mixes! I stopped the Blu-ray, put it in the OPPO, and W O W! ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING I had hoped for and dreamed about! Can't WAIT to get home from my practicum and get lost in the sonic bliss!
Also @Clement, don't forget often times it helps when setting up your system for optimal listening, to place one foot over your left shoulder with hands on the floor (for extra support) and all the while sucking on a giant Doobie... yup that should do it (OK just forget the first parts, just get rollin' with that last item *Applicable only in States/Countries with legalized usage) :smokin

I received a shipment notice, but no movement on the tracking number yet. In terms of lag time, I really don't feel that's something to complain about, as long as the tracking number doesn't SIT THERE for two weeks. I posted about this earlier with respect to Amazon and (most of all) eBay. Sellers throw up a tracking number to placate customers and/or to satisfy platform requirements and then sit on it for weeks on end. That's not just a Rhino thing. If it actually starts moving within a day or so of the tracking number having been generated, that's about as much grace time as I think reasonable.

Last edited:
Mine just arrived! I'm not getting any more work done today. ;)

I'm jealous of you @ngv99 and @EricKalet because your sets went into the Bridgeport NJ black hole and managed to escape. Mine just can't seem to break free of the event horizon.

Last edited:
I swear.......I had no idea Listen to the Music had a banjo on it until I heard this mix. :LOL: One track in and I love this already.
I had the CD-4...one of my first ones...and it was my first copy of this album. That's the only reason I always knew the banjo was in the mix. It is within the stereo mix but not as obvious. This album makes a case for surround sound...you can hear stuff more clearly than you can in stereo.

I’m in NC and it arrived yesterday. I ordered from Rhino but the return label was “The Doobie Brothers.” Anyone else experience this situation? Just seems odd to me. Happy quad listening, all!
Same here (arrived yesterday, ordered from Rhino, return label says “Doobie Brothers.”)

Finally get a delivery update!!!! :love: :SB:ROFLMAO::love:

Scheduled Delivery
Friday09/18/2020
Estimated Time
by 9:00 P.M.

Delivery
---
Current EventIn Transit09/12/2020 4:28 A.M.Los Angeles, CA, United StatesDeparted from Facility
09/12/2020 12:15 A.M.Los Angeles, CA, United StatesArrived at Facility
09/11/2020 11:14 P.M.Aliso Viejo, CA, United StatesDeparted from Facility
Past EventShipped09/11/2020 9:43 P.M.Aliso Viejo, CA, United StatesOrigin Scan
Past EventLabel Created09/11/2020 12:02 P.M.United StatesOrder Processed: Ready for UPS

Shipment Details

Service
UPS SurePost
Weight
2.00 LBS

UPS SurePost

UPS SurePost® is an economy, residential, ground service.

This service combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Note: UPS My Choice® Members can upgrade a UPS SurePost package to UPS Ground for an additional fee. Once upgraded, Members can use the features available with their Membership to reschedule or redirect delivery to an alternate address or to The UPS Store®. Upgraded packages typically arrive one day earlier.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'd have to say I envy you in hearing a lot of these songs for the first time, especially in this way with the high res and the 4.0. Have a great time with it ...

Thanks, I will. I can't comment on how this compares to previous releases of course, but I can tell you it has a great "oh wow" experience to these naïve ears.

Last edited:
Another fun listen to- The Captain and Me last night, tonight Vices!
We think our funds for surround titles are growing short now; just imagine what a blessed strain it would be if this DB Quadio spurred on a whole new renaissance and resurgence of Multi-Channel releases - old and new :smokin
Also they’re setting a super-duper high bar for what else may come out :SG

Yes I'm sure it's all the great and powerful families of the world got together and hatched massive conspiracy to slightly slow down the delivery times of smaller vendors, and it could have nothing to do with Amazon having the largest consumer delivery logistics infrastructure in the world.

It's also been my experience that Amazon is also very much affected. I don't remember the last time I actually got two-day delivery via Prime. What Amazon has been doing with my orders is giving me a delivery date significantly out in the future, then generally delivering a day or two early, but still nowhere within the usual Prime window.

I accept that because I'm not a self-absorbed idiot who can't understand why others aren't willing to die for my recreational consumer purchases, but that's just me.

Back