Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for Long Train Runnin’, well ... the backing (answer) vocal is a little jarring in the rear. But that’s mostly because it’s mono. Had that element been stereo, it would have worked fine. Likely why Scheiner opted to leave it up front.

But wait ... what’s this? This mix is not the one on my Q8 or CD-4. That mix I grew up with had an unmuted, unwelcome snare drum on the second verse. Or was that the 5.1? Pretty sure it was the quad. However this happened, the track is better off without it.

I checked the new Blu-Ray against my CD-4 LP and didn't notice anything different (aside from the incredible sonic upgrade, as you noted). You might be thinking of the 5.1 mix? Scheiner did bring out some elements that were really buried on the original stereo and quad - the piano in "China Grove", an extra acoustic guitar part in the right rear on "Long Train Runnin'", and extra drums (timpani?) on "Clear As The Driven Snow".

Scott, my status looks the same (I'm in Sydney) and I thought the same as you, but looking at the details further down the UPS tracking page I'm not so sure:

View attachment 56269

I think they're still in LA waiting to get on a plane. At least I hope it's a plane and not a boat or carrier pigeon!
I've checked mine further and it now shows the same as yours. If it's shipped by boat it will take awhile........

Is there a dedicated thread (or threads) concerning the overwhelming NEED for a Steely Dan "Quadio" set? I know it's UMG and not Sony. To each their own, but THAT would be THE quad catalog that I would think is next in line for being LONG overdue for some post-modern-technology-multichannel-love. If not, I'll start one. Still haven't seen movement on my Doobular Quadio set yet, btw...

Is there a dedicated thread (or threads) concerning the overwhelming NEED for a Steely Dan "Quadio" set? I know it's UMG and not Sony. To each their own, but THAT would be THE quad catalog that I would think is next in line for being LONG overdue for some post-modern-technology-multichannel-love. If not, I'll start one. Still haven't seen movement on my Doobular Quadio set yet, btw...
Not Quad, but do you remember this-
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...o-release-the-early-steely-dans-in-5-1.24803/

Well, they sent another email a few days ago telling <It’s on the way!> yet again.
Same as last time. USPS awaiting shipment. You can’t make this shit up. I appreciate Rhino’s efforts in getting this music out to us, but I doubt 💯 that I’ll be dealing with their store again.

ok, a bit of help needed here to know all possible purchase options to have this shipped to Spain:
1. Order from Rhino US. Best price and lowest shipping cost, but drawback seems to be unreliable USPS and I guess no tracking information?
2. Order from Rhino UK. Much more expensive than US site, I still can't understand why.
3. Order from the Doobies site. Shipping cost to Spain is more than 100 dollars, I'm still trying to understand if that's a bad joke or what

Ordering from the UK seems to be the only reasonable option at this stage, but with shipping it will be around 80 euros.

I think I read it will be available from other retailers later on this year, do you have any more information or suggestion so that I can buy this from Spain?

Thanks!

The only thing I use twitter for is for baseball stuff. The politics just makes me crazy and I get all depressed when I read about riots and protests and all of the unharmony in the world. I can't take it.

Anyway, so I opened twitter to read about the misery of the Mets, and when I looked over to the right I saw that the Doobie Brothers were trending! Are you kidding me? The Doobie Brothers.

It could not be because of the Quadio, could it?

So I checked it out. It seems that somewhere in the world the Michael McDonald/Patti Labelle Duet "On My Own" (which is a great song by the way) resurfaced and the young folks on twitter discovered that the male singer was white! Can you believe that?

Because of the fact that young folks thought Michael McDonald was black and they found out he was white, the Doobie Brothers are trending on twitter. That's what this world has come to. I guess it speaks volumes about where we are as a collective set of humans. Sad really.

2020 is one fucked up year.

But, maybe this will move some Quadio boxes! And THAT, my friends, would be good.

"Yah Mo B There!"

It seems that somewhere in the world the Michael McDonald/Patti Labelle Duet "On My Own" (which is a great song by the way) resurfaced and the young folks on twitter discovered that the male singer was white! Can you believe that?

Because of the fact that young folks thought Michael McDonald was black and they found out he was white, the Doobie Brothers are trending on twitter.
Somehow, I'm not surprised. I've known Michael was white for a long time, but after years of hearing Bobby Caldwell's "What You Won't Do For Love" in passing, I was shocked to find out he's white. Like... Very white. I mean, Grover Washington, Jr. and Bill Withers basically aped that song for "Just The Two of Us!" And I'm not alone:

ok, a bit of help needed here to know all possible purchase options to have this shipped to Spain:
1. Order from Rhino US. Best price and lowest shipping cost, but drawback seems to be unreliable USPS and I guess no tracking information?
2. Order from Rhino UK. Much more expensive than US site, I still can't understand why.
3. Order from the Doobies site. Shipping cost to Spain is more than 100 dollars, I'm still trying to understand if that's a bad joke or what

Ordering from the UK seems to be the only reasonable option at this stage, but with shipping it will be around 80 euros.

I think I read it will be available from other retailers later on this year, do you have any more information or suggestion so that I can buy this from Spain?

Thanks!

The first post in this thread says it will go out to the usual outlets on November 6, if you can stay patient.
Nobody here got this as soon as they expected to, unless they waited to order until last week. :phones

Back