Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fixed the thread title regarding price. Can we get a Woo-Hoo! Finaly.

Hey, it came quicker than "Running on Empty" ;)

As for their web site, you know, these are not limited editions, and it's not like they can ship it today, so wait a bit if you get bogged down or disconnected. Waiting a few hours might give them a chance to catch up.

But the bottom line is GO GET IT. We want to show the suits that there is a market out their for these old relics.

After what seemed like an eternity and battling power outages due to our New York Tropical storm Isaias, FINALLY placed my order with RHINO and thanks to Eric Kalet for his invaluable coupon code. Final cost including s/h and sales tax = $59.58 ..... a little less than $15 per BD~A....the price I paid for those Warner Doobie Brothers Open Reel QUAD tapes back in the day.

You all see the first entry in the comments section (these are external) immediately after/below the article on Second Disc?

Quote (ouch):

You have to be pretty desperate for surround treatments of classic albums to want 40-year-old mixes of these, or releases by any of the other bands subjected to this kind of exploitation. The 4-channel mixes created in the late ’70s were more of a gimmick than anything else, probably goaded on by a few key hi-fi manufacturers. But anything Rhino finds on a shelf must be considered for its commercial value, I suppose.

You all see the first entry in the comments section (these are external) immediately after/below the article on Second Disc?

Quote (ouch):

You have to be pretty desperate for surround treatments of classic albums to want 40-year-old mixes of these, or releases by any of the other bands subjected to this kind of exploitation. The 4-channel mixes created in the late ’70s were more of a gimmick than anything else, probably goaded on by a few key hi-fi manufacturers. But anything Rhino finds on a shelf must be considered for its commercial value, I suppose.
Whoever wrote that sure knows their Quad!!! (J/K)

Quote (ouch):

Oof. I wish I had the patience or the motivation for a withering takedown...

Quote (ouch):

Which is why I immediately followed it with a positive comment.

Paul

Quote (ouch):

I reckon the comment maker is another of those strange people who can't hear anything behind them :devilish::ROFLMAO:

Quote (ouch):

well, then color me desperate . . . and excited for this blast from a gimmicky, goaded past! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

I did try the code provided for our cousins over the pond, but no joy Adam
I am super excited about finally getting to pre-order this Doobie Boxset.
I paid the same as Duncan, better to be safe with a tracked delivery.
............. and we have paid in £ what you lucky soles on the other side of the pond pay in $, and its worth it! :)

well then color me desperate . . . and excited for this blast from a gimmicky, goaded past!
Me too! I have been holding off buying all these in CD4 for a few years now. I refuse to pay what some ePreyers want for one title and condition might be kwap when it gets here. I would rather buy legit from Rhino or Doobies store AND spend less. I do have the conversions but am not hooked up to play direct yet. There was a Best of disc "out there" that I burned and enjoy though

What a load of uninformed nonsense.

Although (as per @Steel Woole) the master tapes don't have any engineering credits, they were obviously remixed under the supervision of the group's producer Ted Templeman, who was a big proponent of quad. At the risk of sounding like I lack self-awareness, I'll take his endorsement on the value of the format over some anonymous know-it-all comment section cretin.

wb_vanmorrison_quad.jpg

Back