Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only that, but The Doobies had to cancel what promised to be a particularly profitable tour this year: Tying their 50th anniversary in with the RnRHOF induction and reuniting with Michael McDonald to play larger venues than they’ve normally been playing the last several years.

they might be able to make all that up once the COVID thing is over, or it might just be a complet lost opportunity.

Not to mention being screwed out of a proper Hall of Fame induction finally!!

Pre order link — The Doobie Brothers: Quadio Boxed Set

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS: QUADIO
Blu-Ray Audio Boxed Set Spotlights Four Of The Band’s Essential Early Albums With Quadraphonic And High-Resolution Stereo Mixes Of Toulouse Street, The Captain & Me, What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits, And Stampede

Available From The Band’s Website And Rhino.com On September 4,
And From All Other Retail Outlets On November 6

The Doobie Brother’s 50th Anniversary Tour Has Been Rescheduled For 2021

LOS ANGELES – The Doobie Brothers celebrate two major milestones this year as the band marks its 50th anniversary and its induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in November. The 50th Anniversary Tour that was also planned for this year has been rescheduled for 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic (new tour dates below). This will be the first time that principal band members Tom Johnston, Michael McDonald, Pat Simmons and John McFee have toured together in more than 25 years.

Before the band is welcomed into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Rhino will release a new boxed set that highlights some of the music that helped make the Doobie Brothers one of the most popular bands of its generation. THE DOOBIE BROTHERS: QUADIO will feature quadraphonic mixes of Toulouse Street, The Captain & Me, What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits, and Stampede. The four Blu-ray audio discs come in replicas of the original vinyl record sleeves and are all packaged together in a clamshell box.

The set will be available for $59.98 on September 4 through www.TheDoobieBrothers.com and www.Rhino.com and is available for pre-order now. The set will be released to all other retail outlets a few weeks later on November 6.

For this collection, all four albums have been mastered using the original four-track Quad mixes. The set includes both the quadraphonic and high-resolution stereo (19224 DTS-HD Master Audio) mixes for each album. To enjoy the Quadraphonic mix as intended, the Blu-ray audio discs should be played using Surround Sound.

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS: QUADIO brings together four essential albums from the band’s early days. It begins with the group’s second album, Toulouse Street,which was released in July 1972. The record achieved platinum status and launched the group to stardom with the hits “Listen to The Music,” “Rockin’ Down the Highway” and “Jesus is Just Alright.”

The following year, the band returned with The Captain & Me, which was certified double-platinum on the strength of hits “Long Train Runnin’” and “China Grove,” as well as fan favorites “South City Midnight Lady” and “Without You.” These back-to-back classic albums represent one of the greatest one-two vinyl punches of the 1970s. Many songs from the albums are still played every day on the radio, a testament to the timelessness of the music.

In 1974, the Doobie Brothers released the group’s fourth album, What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits. The record peaked at #4 on the albums chart and was certified double-platinum. It also featured the band’s first #1 hit, “Black Water,” which was originally released as the B-side to “Another Park, Another Sunday.”

Stampede is the final studio album featured in THE DOOBIE BROTHERS: QUADIO. Released in April 1975 and certified gold, it also peaked at #4 on the albums chart. It includes the Top 40 hits “Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me)” and “Sweet Maxine.” Stampede would be The Doobie Brothers’ last studio album with original singer/guitarist Tom Johnston until he re-joined the band in 1989.

Toulouse Street
1. “Listen To The Music”
2. “Rockin’ Down The Highway”
3. “Mamaloi”
4. “Toulouse Street”
5. “Cotton Mouth”
6. “Don’t Start Me To Talkin’”
7. “Jesus Is Just Alright”
8. “White Sun”
9. “Disciple”
10. “Snake Man”

The Captain & Me
1. “Natural Thing”
2. “Long Train Runnin’”
3. “China Grove”
4. “Dark Eyed Cajun Woman”
5. “Clear As The Driven Snow”
6. “Without You”
7. “South City Midnight Lady”
8. “Evil Woman”
9. “Busted Down Around O’Connelly Corners”
10. “Ukiah”
11. “The Captain And Me”

What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits

1. “Song To See You Through”
2. “Spirit”
3. “Pursuit On 53rd St.”
4. “Black Water”
5. “Eyes Of Silver”
6. “Road Angel”
7. “You Just Can’t Stop It”
8. “Tell Me What You Want (And I’ll Give You What You Need)”
9. “Down In The Track”
10. “Another Park, Another Sunday”
11. “Daughters Of The Sea”
12. “Flying Cloud”

Stampede
1. “Sweet Maxine”
2. “Neal’s Fandango”
3. “Texas Lullaby”
4. “Music Man”
5. “Slack Key Soquel Rag”
6. “Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Little While)”
7. “I Cheat The Hangman”
8. “Précis”
9. “Rainy Day Crossroad Blues”
10. “I Been Workin’ On You”
11. “Double Dealin’ Four Flusher”p

db_quadio_product_shot.png

Pre order link — The Doobie Brothers: Quadio Boxed Set

Blu-Ray Audio Boxed Set Spotlights Four Of The Band’s Essential Early Albums With Quadraphonic And High-Resolution Stereo Mixes Of Toulouse Street, The Captain & Me, What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits, And Stampede

Available From The Band’s Website And Rhino.com On September 4,
And From All Other Retail Outlets On November 6

The Doobie Brother’s 50th Anniversary Tour Has Been Rescheduled For 2021

LOS ANGELES – The Doobie Brothers celebrate two major milestones this year as the band marks its 50th anniversary and its induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in November. The 50th Anniversary Tour that was also planned for this year has been rescheduled for 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic (new tour dates below). This will be the first time that principal band members Tom Johnston, Michael McDonald, Pat Simmons and John McFee have toured together in more than 25 years.

Before the band is welcomed into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Rhino will release a new boxed set that highlights some of the music that helped make the Doobie Brothers one of the most popular bands of its generation. THE DOOBIE BROTHERS: QUADIO will feature quadraphonic mixes of Toulouse Street, The Captain & Me, What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits, and Stampede. The four Blu-ray audio discs come in replicas of the original vinyl record sleeves and are all packaged together in a clamshell box.

The set will be available for $59.98 on September 4 through www.TheDoobieBrothers.com and www.Rhino.com and is available for pre-order now. The set will be released to all other retail outlets a few weeks later on November 6.

For this collection, all four albums have been mastered using the original four-track Quad mixes. The set includes both the quadraphonic and high-resolution stereo (19224 DTS-HD Master Audio) mixes for each album. To enjoy the Quadraphonic mix as intended, the Blu-ray audio discs should be played using Surround Sound.

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS: QUADIO brings together four essential albums from the band’s early days. It begins with the group’s second album, Toulouse Street,which was released in July 1972. The record achieved platinum status and launched the group to stardom with the hits “Listen to The Music,” “Rockin’ Down the Highway” and “Jesus is Just Alright.”

The following year, the band returned with The Captain & Me, which was certified double-platinum on the strength of hits “Long Train Runnin’” and “China Grove,” as well as fan favorites “South City Midnight Lady” and “Without You.” These back-to-back classic albums represent one of the greatest one-two vinyl punches of the 1970s. Many songs from the albums are still played every day on the radio, a testament to the timelessness of the music.

In 1974, the Doobie Brothers released the group’s fourth album, What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits. The record peaked at #4 on the albums chart and was certified double-platinum. It also featured the band’s first #1 hit, “Black Water,” which was originally released as the B-side to “Another Park, Another Sunday.”

Stampede is the final studio album featured in THE DOOBIE BROTHERS: QUADIO. Released in April 1975 and certified gold, it also peaked at #4 on the albums chart. It includes the Top 40 hits “Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me)” and “Sweet Maxine.” Stampede would be The Doobie Brothers’ last studio album with original singer/guitarist Tom Johnston until he re-joined the band in 1989.

Toulouse Street
1. “Listen To The Music”
2. “Rockin’ Down The Highway”
3. “Mamaloi”
4. “Toulouse Street”
5. “Cotton Mouth”
6. “Don’t Start Me To Talkin’”
7. “Jesus Is Just Alright”
8. “White Sun”
9. “Disciple”
10. “Snake Man”

The Captain & Me
1. “Natural Thing”
2. “Long Train Runnin’”
3. “China Grove”
4. “Dark Eyed Cajun Woman”
5. “Clear As The Driven Snow”
6. “Without You”
7. “South City Midnight Lady”
8. “Evil Woman”
9. “Busted Down Around O’Connelly Corners”
10. “Ukiah”
11. “The Captain And Me”

What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits

1. “Song To See You Through”
2. “Spirit”
3. “Pursuit On 53rd St.”
4. “Black Water”
5. “Eyes Of Silver”
6. “Road Angel”
7. “You Just Can’t Stop It”
8. “Tell Me What You Want (And I’ll Give You What You Need)”
9. “Down In The Track”
10. “Another Park, Another Sunday”
11. “Daughters Of The Sea”
12. “Flying Cloud”

Stampede
1. “Sweet Maxine”
2. “Neal’s Fandango”
3. “Texas Lullaby”
4. “Music Man”
5. “Slack Key Soquel Rag”
6. “Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Little While)”
7. “I Cheat The Hangman”
8. “Précis”
9. “Rainy Day Crossroad Blues”
10. “I Been Workin’ On You”
11. “Double Dealin’ Four Flusher”p

Sixty bucks is a bargain! (And it means that the title of this thread should be edited.) It's a good bet that the price will drop even lower once it shows up on Amazon and the like, but I'm happy to pay a little more to a) get the set two months earlier and b) give a vote of confidence to Rhino and--hopefully--encourage them to keep going with the Quadio program.

No way would I ever use Rhino again after last year's fiasco of taking my money and not shipping for well over a month with no contact whatsoever. I pre ordered from the Doobies' store. $20.00+ for UPS but I'm confident there'll be no problems. Another Hoffman Forums member recently posted of the exact same problem with Rhino. It'd been over a month since he ordered and all he got for his money was silence.

Got tired of waiting on the Rhino Store to complete my purchase. Not sure if I ordered from them before, but they obviously have website issues. Completed my order quickly at the Doobie's store. Higher shipping cost, but no state tax. $79.17 shipped with UPS tracking.

Heck yeah, worked like a champ for me!

Back