Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A BRILLIANT rebuttal, Eric. I was likewise gratified that not only are the Stereo remasters 24/192 but the 15 ips QUAD remixes, as well. And QQ Forum must be doing something right as this 4.0/5.1 and NOW, Dolby Atmos fervor is spreading throughout the globe and there's certainly enough space on Planet Earth for both Stereo and Surround to co~exist ..... FOREVER!
Thank you @4-earredwonder !!

Slow in Australia as well, but got the order in after about 20 mins. The coupon code worked as well, so yay! International shipping was $15.99. I was going to order two (one for a mate) and shipping for 2 sets was the same as one, so it effectively halves the cost. Despite the lower than expected RRP, the 20% off code and the half price shipping bringing the total to AU$78 he still passed. There's no pleasing some people...

Geez, Pupster, why don't you use that 12 bucks you saved utilizing that RHINO coupon code to GET A FREAKIN' HAIRCUT?

bad hair day.jpg

Pupster, IN MY BOOK, you'll ALWAYS be a 'CUT' ABOVE THE REST.

And while you're at it, treat yourself to a manicure and a pedicure ..... and a flea bath!

Keep getting update billing address make sure passwords match I dunno what that means all my stuff is correct lol.

Ordered.

Great to see they’re shipping to AU, although there was no option for courier shipping. My last shipment from US took 5 weeks... I also have something coming from Sydney and now been over 3 weeks (less than 1000km).

I added a comment to The Second Disc in response to that curmudgeon:

"The key here is not desperation but wanting the best possible sound quality that we can get. Here is a great opportunity not only to have stereo versions at 192/24 but also the 4 channel mixes from the master tapes. The last time any of these albums had audiophile treatment was the fantastic DVD-audio of The Captain and Me, now long out of print, not easy to find. In addition, the Quad mixes to these albums were no joke, fully discrete all 4 channels lighting up the sound stage. But even for someone not interested in the Quad, this stereo version of these will likely be the best we will ever get of these albums, bar none."

Thanks to Eric--and the subsequent commenters--for outing the OP as a know-nothing. What got lost in the noise generated here by that comment-troll is how good Joe Marchese's review is. (As @privateuniverse pointed out in another thread, Marchese also did a nice write-up on the latest Dutton releases, with special emphasis on Company and A Chorus Line.) Smart, informative, and snappy. Dude knows his Broadway--and his Doobies--and he's a really good writer.

Last edited:
Ordered.

Great to see they’re shipping to AU, although there was no option for courier shipping. My last shipment from US took 5 weeks... I also have something coming from Sydney and now been over 3 weeks (less than 1000km).
I ordered INXS on 28 July from JB. Shipped from Melbourne to Sydney, it arrived today.

Ordered.

Well I ordered Yes' Tales from the UK on the 15th of May and it's never arrived. Last night I received a reply to tell me that I will get a full refund but I still want the disc! I'll give it another week or two and try again

Back