Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening now! I started with The Captain And Me because it is one of my favorite albums of all time.

South City Midnight Lady is magnificent! I definitely prefer the quad on this to the Scheiner 5.1 version.

I do not think this was mixed by some third party. It sounds like it had to be Landee and Templeman.😁

How USPS handles mail and packages is why they are always getting bashed. If they would handle stuff in an efficient manner, they might save $$$$$ and be more reliable and profitable so they can hire more postal workers. I can't tell you how many mail items go all over the place to get to me. And I'm sure others have the same experience.

Even this example, the product went from Carlsbad, CA. to Fontana CA, (90 miles north it took 3 hours for the package to arrive in Fontana). I'm OK with that.

Then took 3 days to go to Bridgeport, NJ! Why 3 days (72 hours)? Throw the stuff on a plane, 6 hours to East Coast...or am I just insane. I would think 1 day from Fontana to Bridgeport.

Bridgeport is a little over an hour from where I live. It took 1.5 days from Bridgeport, NJ to Morrisville, PA. (53 miles). Out for delivery today.

Why couldn't the package go directly to Morrisville from Fontana?? Morrisville is a huge P.O. hub, as is Hamilton NJ, which the package could have went there too and it would have chopped off 1-2 days.

They could have saved almost 4 days of handling the package. But what do I know, LOL :SB
The travel times you mention, 3 days to NJ, 1.5 days from NJ to PA, could easily happen faster. But that's what the faster shipping options are reserved for. The reason you didn't get faster shipping is because it comes at a premium price, and that price wasn't paid. What was paid for was likely ground shipping. If they got it to everyone faster, then there would be complaints about the cost...

I ordered one from The Doobie Brothers web page and one from Rhino.
Rhino has at least been good about tracking.
But I’ve heard little from the DB.

It seems my main USPS office held it for almost two days before sending to the local office for delivery. It now says it’s out for delivery today. They usually come through with that promise. What irritates me, is UPS Tracking notices that claim a package will arrive on a particular day then gets pushed back a day or two.
Now, the bigger question is; can I get Mrs. Pupster to sit through 4 cranked up DB albums in a row? Time to get creative and perhaps dig deep into what I’m willing to pay 👅
I did the exact same thing yesterday. All these great reviews and the waiting is just killing me!

So far no word from Rhino customer service on my pre-order (Aug 4th) after 2 attempts via both their web page and direct email. I have a tracking number from Aug 31st but it's still not in the hands of either UPS or USPS per either of their web sites.

The 2nd purchase I made on the Doobie's site yesterday is still showing processing. It's supposed to be handled by UPS per the selection I made during checkout.

Well the tracking site said it would be here Saturday, but it was in my mailbox today! So that's not bad.
The bottom line is the release date was the 4th, the 5th,6th,7th, were holidays/weekend, so to me that's Fri-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu, received 4 days after the release date. For "standard" shipping, that's perfect and about what one would hope for. I've spent money on expeditied shipping and not received stuff this quickly.

Doobies.jpg

The travel times you mention, 3 days to NJ, 1.5 days from NJ to PA, could easily happen faster. But that's what the faster shipping options are reserved for. The reason you didn't get faster shipping is because it comes at a premium price, and that price wasn't paid. What was paid for was likely ground shipping. If they got it to everyone faster, then there would be complaints about the cost...

And I totally get that, just doesn't seem cost effective for the USPS to handle mail/packages this way. I've had packages literally sit a few miles from my home, and route all the way to Pittsburgh or Charlotte and then back to me. What sense does that make, no matter what shipping level I select.

LOL If I select standard 7-10 day shipping, I'd rather the darn thing sit in a warehouse 30 miles away for 3-4 days, then to get handled over and over again, and route 600 miles away to only turn around and come back. 😂

Well the tracking site said it would be here Saturday, but it was in my mailbox today! So that's not bad.
The bottom line is the release date was the 4th, the 5th,6th,7th, were holidays/weekend, so to me that's Fri-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu, received 4 days after the release date. For "standard" shipping, that's perfect and about what one would hope for. I've spent money on expeditied shipping and not received stuff this quickly.
That's awesome, I'm just waiting for the mail-person to get over here, we tend get our mail on the evening side.

Overall I think it's fine that we are getting these (and a holiday weekend to boot) within a few days after release date. BUT, :SB (and probably b/c I'm spoiled) in my experience, usually the product is delivered before or on release date. Now in this case, we all ordered from Rhino to get this on a special release date b/c this isn't scheduled to be available in store - brick/mortar until November 6.

So bottom line - we are got a win-win here as we have this 2 MONTHS ahead of most everyone else who opted to wait for an in store purchase.

Ha! I had totally forgotten that my Sony UBP X800 does NOT play 4.0 mixes! I stopped the Blu-ray, put it in the OPPO, and W O W! ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING I had hoped for and dreamed about! Can't WAIT to get home from my practicum and get lost in the sonic bliss!
Are you sure? I thought the problem was only for PCM 4.0 mixes. I just tried the Chicago Quadio set on mine and it plays DTS-HD Master Audio 4.0 just fine.

I never heard back from them at all and nothing about a replacement!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
UPS contracts with USPS to save money. USPS is happy to be getting the business. It’s actually a good thing that you can continue to track the package using the same system.
Sounds about right to me. Ditto Amazon. It's good for their business, not bad for it-in spite of what the Ministry of Truth says.

That having been said: (Yet another, OTOH...) It bears pointing out that some of this impatience is well earned regardless. Why? Because shipping from anywhere TO anywhere has slowed over the last couple of years. Some of it surely is commercial/political skullduggery (I can't prove it, but Amazon shipments definitely slowed after certain complaints about how Amazon treated employees in its fulfillment centers were highly publicized), some of it pretty much has to be impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic (and there's not a lot to be done about that-as slow as it has to be for everyone to stay safe is the only acceptable way) but the trends towards slower (again-especially on platforms like Amazon and eBay) departures (items sit for a week before a label is even created) has become more and more of a thing even predating 2020. So, there's that to factor in, fwiw...

Back