Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered mine from Rhino on the 11th. By the 13th it had been transferred to something called UPS Mail Innovations, which I had to google because I've never heard of it. Apparently it's a collab between UPS and USPS. According to the tracking info as of today, it's still somewhere in California. There's also a note that "Mail Innovations is not a day definite service."

Clearly California has more pressing matters to tend to at this time, to say the very least. As many have mentioned above, we've waited a long time for this - I don't mind a few more days.

I ordered mine from Rhino on the 11th. By the 13th it had been transferred to something called UPS Mail Innovations, which I had to google because I've never heard of it. Apparently it's a collab between UPS and USPS. According to the tracking info as of today, it's still somewhere in California. There's also a note that "Mail Innovations is not a day definite service."

Clearly California has more pressing matters to tend to at this time, to say the very least. As many have mentioned above, we've waited a long time for this - I don't mind a few more days.

11th of Sept? I ordered mine Aug 7 and it's still in Transit

I also got an email from the Doobie's fan site today after inquiring on "where's my order" that was placed last week (status still says "Processing") .

They wrote "We received word from the vendor that the Quadio Boxed sets should be arriving to our distribution center this week. As soon we receive them we will start shipping! You should receive a separate email when your item ships."
I like your email way better.

I ordered this from the Rhino UK site, which has a later release date of this Friday, the 18th. My order status has just changed from "processing" to "packing" :SB . Hopefully the delivery time from Rhino UK is a bit better than what Rhino US seemed to have :cool:!

I'm really looking forward to getting this set, even though, in my life I've only ever heard the Doobies' singles!!

11th of Sept? I ordered mine Aug 7 and it's still in Transit
My Aug 7th order from Rhino is finally showing movement. Says I should get it tomorrow. Recently retired and moved to Maine. My last stipend from my employer was mailed from MA on Friday and received it Monday. I was impressed, so I'm hoping to get my Quadio tomorrow. Only thing is it will be months before my system will be set up again. My Oppo UDP-205 does a great job downmixing to stereo using the headphone jack which should still be satisfying for now. You can actually hear a big difference between the stereo tracks vs the multichannel tracks of a recording through the headphone jack.

I would really like to find out what the real story is with the pre-orders placed at the official Doobie Brothers site.
While Rhino is shipping new orders, thedoobiebrothers.com have yet to ship a single pre-ordered box that was originally promised
on or around release date. Then it was delayed until last week but that didn't happen either. Blaming Covid is BS.
If Rhino has plenty of copies, then so should the Doobies. I'll never purchase any of their merchandise from the official site again.

Everyone has seen delays...just be patient

I ordered in August got email shipping notice 8-30 w 3 day ups notice
Thought it be here around 9-4 release day...nope not received till Friday 9-10

Sat in post office for 3-4 days without any movement...just plan an extra week for it to arrive

Its worth the wait...its great

You need to move this line of questioning to the interrogation room :ROFLMAO:
The only reason why I'm asking is because I am now in DIRECT COMMUNICATIONS with Rhino/Doobie Fan people so I will soon be at the bottom of this and be able to update EVERYONE with what actually happened. Yes I have the phone number.

I'm in the same situation with the Doobie Brothers site. I inquired and got the same reasoning for the delay. The Quadios will be in our warehouse early next week, then late next week, then next week after, then nothing. You'd think if any site that would be on top of it it would be the Doobie Brothers. I've since ordered another one from the Rhino site. It will be interesting to see which one arrives first. I understand that CoVID-19 is an issue for everything. My question is since they are aware of shipping delays, why not prepare for that ahead of time and make sure the vendors have them long before the shipping dates, or change the shipping date long before the anticipated delay. It's not as if CoVID-19 shipping issues is something new. (and yes, I am sympathetic to all the people affected by the disease, and my getting music on time is not the issue.) The issue is anticipated planning and notification.

Back