Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered both GHS (UMusic or something) and the Doobies Quadio (Rhino) immediately when the pre-orders went up and GHS arrived last Wednesday and the DB set on Thursday to my home in Vermont....just as I was scrambling to pack up to move back overseas for my job. Alas, can't wait for my R&R in November as I couldn't give them a proper listen.

Yodel says its now on its way and should arrive on Friday! crikey o'reilly... 😬
Now had an email from yodel saying my parcel from time music will be delivered Friday, I assume this is the Doobies so no Royal Mail and I opted for free delivery.
Me too! :SB:LB:SG so I ordered from Rhino UK and Time Music sends it :rolleyes:

Anyone else notice an uneven haze on the playing surface of all four discs that corresponds to the plastic bag they put the discs in? Not too sure I like that.

I just got an email from Yodel, my Doobies Quadio is out for delivery, Yodel is only 9.2 miles away

So I looked up and a van was outside, and I've got it.... now for the unwrapping and first play, my plan is to play the albums in chronological order.

Mine is out for delivery too. I'm out all day today at work, but hopefully my wife will hear someone Yodel-ing outside!

I'm surprised to get it so soon. I only ordered it from Rhino UK on Monday, and went with free delivery (y). I guess this won't be as popular a release this side of the pond, as the Doobies weren't as big here as they were in the States. As I said before, I've only heard their singles up to now as they weren't really on my radar. The same could be said for me with Chicago too, but that didn't stop me enjoying the hell out of their Quadio set :SG

Mine is out for delivery too. I'm out all day today at work, but hopefully my wife will hear someone Yodel-ing outside!

I'm surprised to get it so soon. I only ordered it from Rhino UK on Monday, and went with free delivery (y). I guess this won't be as popular a release this side of the pond, as the Doobies weren't as big here as they were in the States. As I said before, I've only heard their singles up to now as they weren't really on my radar. The same could be said for me with Chicago too, but that didn't stop me enjoying the hell out of their Quadio set :SG
I had a Doobies 'Best of' cassette years ago ('70's) but more recently familiar with the 5.1 of Captain which I listened to only a few days ago, I have to say i enjoyed the quad version more today. Toulous St. didn't really grab me but Vices is really going down well. Stampede still to be listened to but so far no regrets at all in buying Quadio.

Back