Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The doorbell has just rung and the man from Yodel gave me the parcel, unfortunately I have a few conference calls today (to paraphrase: work the curse of the music classes!). I'll listen in chronological order when I do and after all the waiting it is on the top of the to listen to pile! :dance
Duncan, you really need to get your priorities in order and have at those Doobies discs straight away. :p

Holy moley, just made it to 2000 posts. How’d that happen?

This is crazy.....I just got a call from UPS this morning and they told me that my package originated from Universal Music.......Do Universal handle WB/Rhino? I don't think so but I could be wrong. Can someone else please verify if this was the case with them. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
This is crazy.....I just got a call from UPS this morning and they told me that my package originated from Universal Music.......Do Universal handle WB/Rhino? I don't think so but I could be wrong. Can someone else please verify if this was the case with them. Thanks in advance
I don’t think so, unless I missed something in the company lineage; but if you really want to get confused by all the M&A activity, check out this history (apparently UMG is owned by French Vivendi and Chinese Tencent!)
Universal Music Group - Wikipedia :eek:

Mine is now at the local USPS facility (UPS dumped it to a 3rd party handler, they transported cross-country, and then dumped it to USPS). According to the USPS guys, it should get scanned in today and I can either 1) pick it up after 3:00PM, or 2) should be delivered tomorrow. I'm thinking "go pick it up"! Fingers crossed...
Mine. Mine. Mine.
IMG_0801.JPG

Wow.....somebody really screwed up when I check the tracking the package says it weights over 10 LBS......man if they sent me like 10 sets....thats great but I'm still expecting my Stones order now that I would think is Universal.....but the email I have Rhino and the UPS tracking number say the same thing.....so could Universal Music and Rhino/WB share the same shipping warehouse?

Got my copy today. Seems like the UK arm of Rhino distribution has got their act together. And that's a day earlier than official release date here.
I knew this would be a brilliant box set. It is completely worth every single penny I've spent on it.
This will be hard to shift off its deserved No 1 position, for a long time.
A very happy QQ'r here.....yee-haw. :QQlove:QQlove:QQlove:QQlove

Got mine today. Ordered Sept 1st. When it hadn't shipped by/on the 10th I contacted them and bitched them out. Never got a response, but morning of the 11th got the email saying they received my message and would reply asap. Later in the day got the shipping info for USPS 3 day select. Arrived morning of 17th.

In ref to an earlier post, my SonyUDP is only playing front R/L also when 4.0 track is selected.

Finally got a UPS notification for my DoobieBrothers.com order. Not a peep from Wonderful Union... Yet, anyway.

Quadio 1.png

Quadio 2.png

Somehow, I find the delivery date a bit optimistic, even though it only has to make it to Portland, OR from Sacramento, CA. I have a feeling that while the label has been created, it probably hasn't even been pasted on its package yet. And if it gets picked up tomorrow, that would be a miracle.

Nevertheless, it seems like good things will be coming to those of us who ordered from the band's site, as long as we're willing to wait.

Anyone else notice an uneven haze on the playing surface of all four discs that corresponds to the plastic bag they put the discs in? Not too sure I like that.
Yes I noticed, and I have had LPs that were totally ruined (in years of storage) by fogging from two different types of plastics and the resulting chemical reactions. I took mine out of the plastic inner sleeves and just placed them carefully into their paper inner sleeves and into the covers. I kept the little rounded plastic sleeves in the bottom of the box, but I do not want my discs in these sleeves in the event the fogging gets worse.

Houston, the Quadio Doobius Maximus has landed. We have a laser contact light, lol. I will closely examine the substrate, but I doubt anything is amiss. Laser Rot's a real thing, but in terms of percentages, it's right of the decimal rare these days. I had a few Eastern European imports that had problems back in the early days of the format, but that was back when plants where cranking out discs 24/7 as hard as they could go. I'll post back if I see anything that's "obscured by clouds...". Or clods, lol... (I go to lengths to keep these puppies clean.)

I contacted Wonderful Union again yesterday saying this: “...account/orders doesn't work either. I'm worried that this site is not real or functioning. I'm contacting PayPal to investigate my payment as this site provides no information as to why customers do not get their purchases or any word about delays. The site states that this purchase is out now. Please advise about refunds.”
They wrote back saying: “ Thanks for contacting our fan support team. I can confirm that you ordered the Doobie Brothers Quadio Boxed set. We sent an email to all purchasers at the beginning of the month ( I checked constantly and did not get an email) that there had been a delay from the vendor due to COVID-19. It is possible your email was sent to your spam/junk folder due to different inbox settings.
We received the Boxed sets from the vendor yesterday and will be shipping orders over the next few days. We have more than enough to fulfill all orders. You should receive a separate email when your package ships”

And suddenly I got a shipping from W. Union/UPS saying it’s on the way!

The doorbell has just rung and the man from Yodel gave me the parcel, unfortunately I have a few conference calls today (to paraphrase: work the curse of the music classes!). I'll listen in chronological order when I do and after all the waiting it is on the top of the to listen to pile! :dance

First there was THE MAN FROM UNCLE....now THE MAN FROM YODEL :whistle:

Back