Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot about the controversy surrounding calling it that caused. I don't think anybody knowledgeable ever thought lasers caused it, it was usually discussed as a manufacturing defect, at least as I recall it, anyway.

Just picked up my deliveries as well..... both orders came same day to different addresses.....but their shipping is still screwed up because on of my orders with the same order number has 2 different tracking numbers & weights. The 2 that arrived ok but the one with the 10 Lb weight with the same tracking number is missing and UPS has put a lost in action on it, as well as contacted Universal Music Group which I now have their phone number as well. :love: How screwed up can these shipping people be from the record companies that they send 2 different tracking numbers for the same item with one being way off its weight, considering The Doobie Brothers aren't even on Universal Music Group.

I guess we should start calling them The BooBie Brothers!!! LMAO
Maybe I'll get my money back for one of my orders. Now that would be SWEET!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y):SB:SB:SB:love::love::love:

Well considering there is no NHL tonight.....guess what I'll be doing!!?? :love: :love: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :SB:SB:SB

Last edited:
Don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I just want to say that this release feels really, really special because I very much believe that this never would have happened except for the efforts of THIS particular forum. Thanks everybody!

Only a Foraging Rhino would know the answer to that one!

I suspect that $59.98 is not list price but the discounted pre-order price with code.

Normal price will be slightly higher and then added shipping costs and it goes even higher.

$65 + $5 to ship and tax if any, and it just goes up.

I suspect that $59.98 is not list price but the discounted pre-order price with code.

Normal price will be slightly higher and then added shipping costs and it goes even higher.

$65 + $5 to ship and tax if any, and it just goes up.
Discounted price with code including shipping came to just around $55

Actually Amazon has it for $64.99 on pre-order for release on Nov. 6

Last edited:
I ordered on day one, never got a shipping notice, did receive the breach notice, but no activity until today when it was picked up by UPS. Now I wonder which will get here first, Doobies or Santana. My bet is on Santana. At least it's finally on the move.
Was just notifid by DHL that my Santana sacd orderd from CDJapan will arrive today. Meanwhile the Doobie Brothers Quadio shipped via UPS has still not arrived presumably still sitting in Customs since Sep. 12.
DHL - 3 days from Japan
UPS - almost 3 weeks and counting

Was just notifid by DHL that my Santana sacd orderd from CDJapan will arrive today. Meanwhile the Doobie Brothers Quadio shipped via UPS has still not arrived presumably still sitting in Customs since Sep. 12.
DHL - 3 days from Japan
UPS - almost 3 weeks and counting
How's Oakville these days.....I went to Sheridan back in the day (y)

How's Oakville these days.....I went to Sheridan back in the day (y)
I've been living here for 23 years and love the town and surrounding area. Oakville certainly has grown but doesn't feel overcrowded. I love the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts. The capacity is only 500, but it is well sponsored and attracts some big names like Steve Hackett (every North Amrican Tour!), the Alan Parsons Project, the Strawbs just to name a few. It's one thing I really miss. Hoping for a return to some normalcy next year.

Finally! I received my Quadio today from the Doobie Brothers merch site :p
I just received my Quadio today from the Doobie Brothers site. I ordered this on Sep 9th, and had to contact them 2x before it started moving. Anyway, sorry that others have not received their copy yet, I did not mean to hoard (was just wanting to make sure I got me a copy after waiting so long for Rhino to ship).

Well I thought that my copy was lost somewhere over the Pacific. Supposedly left Fontana on 9/11 then departed international carrier facility (L.A.?) on 9/13. It then took 10 full days to get from West Coast USA to East Coast Australia. Maybe they sent it on a raft?

1600930197353.png

Back