Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody had any issues with ripping these, I ripped via makemkv using dts hd master audio then used music helper to transfer to flac but get a judder on playback although the disc plays fine

Anybody had any issues with ripping these, I ripped via makemkv using dts hd master audio then used music helper to transfer to flac but get a judder on playback although the disc plays fine
What are you using to play them back? They are 24/192 files. Does the high sample rate cause a decode problem with your equipment? How is the server connected to the device containing the FLACs? if you are using WiFi, the transfer speed may not be fast enough.

The only other commercially available BRD files i know of with this high a sample rate is the Chicago Quadio set.

I had no issues. I used MKV and then DVD Audio Extractor. Audacity to add 5th blank channel and lower res to 96k24bit, then HD Audio Solo to burn to disc, dvd-a. Files play fine in the car and on computer via Fubar.

What are you using to play them back? They are 24/192 files. Does the high sample rate cause a decode problem with your equipment? How is the server connected to the device containing the FLACs? if you are using WiFi, the transfer speed may not be fast enough.

The only other commercially available BRD files i know of with this high a sample rate is the Chicago Quadio set.
Using Oppo 105 connected to marantz sr7012 with individual analogue cables flac files are on hdd connected to Oppo via usb

Using Oppo 105 connected to marantz sr7012 with individual analogue cables flac files are on hdd connected to Oppo via usb
Well, its the same converter being used then, and no network transmission issues. Maybe the HHD is too slow for the high data rate? I wonder if there are any limitations on the Oppo's USB data rate. Maybe someone can jump in with that info.

Will try playing the mkv file from the hdd through usb see if that’s ok which then narrows it down to the flac conversion. Unfortunately I deleted the mkv files so will have to rerip first but will concentrate on just getting one disk right first.

DA6EDBEE-515E-4D19-B920-8E285775F371.jpeg

A good couple of days!

Will try playing the mkv file from the hdd through usb see if that’s ok which then narrows it down to the flac conversion. Unfortunately I deleted the mkv files so will have to rerip first but will concentrate on just getting one disk right first.

Why are you ripping in the first place? Why not just play the discs?

I don't think I've played a music disc in three years. They all get ripped before play.

Normally, I rip straight away as well, but with this set I played the discs first. Doing so allows me to flip back and forth between the surround and stereo layers with one button. Then I can easily compare how the stereo plays through the Surround Master vs. the quad; and whether I want to rip the stereo as well as the quad. With this Doobies set, I was so impressed by WWOVANH through the SMv2, that I ripped that stereo version as well as the quad.

I got my shipping notice Wed. It shows via UPS 3rd day select. When I click on Track Package it shows, "No Information with this order, Please enter a tracking number." That worries me. It either means something was wrong or it hasn't been accepted by UPS yet. Your order is on it's way doesn't always mean it's left Rhino yet. I don't like UPS for shipping for much of anything. I hope this doesn't evolve into a problem of a lost package. Anyone had a tracking number issue ? Should I contact Rhino if there's no movement in the next few days, or possibly UPS ? Thanks for any help.

Just makes life easier all music in one place rather than looking through hundreds of discs to find the one you want also some discs rot or can get damaged and rip provides safety net.
Have now successfully ripped one and converted to flac without previous problems, so just three more to go, don’t know what happened before!

Just makes life easier all music in one place rather than looking through hundreds of discs to find the one you want also some discs rot or can get damaged and rip provides safety net.
Have now successfully ripped one and converted to flac without previous problems, so just three more to go, don’t know what happened before!
So did it turn out to be the FLAC conversion process? Were you able to play the MKV file without issue? Actually you wouldn't really know would you. The original MKV could also have been corrupt.

Well I thought that my copy was lost somewhere over the Pacific. Supposedly left Fontana on 9/11 then departed international carrier facility (L.A.?) on 9/13. It then took 10 full days to get from West Coast USA to East Coast Australia. Maybe they sent it on a raft?

View attachment 56743
I've got the same. Based on previous experience with Australia Post it will probably take another 3 weeks to get to Tasmania. :mad:

So did it turn out to be the FLAC conversion process? Were you able to play the MKV file without issue? Actually you wouldn't really know would you. The original MKV could also have been corrupt.
Think it probably was, would be strange if all 4 mkv files corrupted, used audiomuxer for conversion to flac this time although have used music helper many times in the past for conversion without problems so no idea really.

I got my shipping notice Wed. It shows via UPS 3rd day select. When I click on Track Package it shows, "No Information with this order, Please enter a tracking number." That worries me. It either means something was wrong or it hasn't been accepted by UPS yet. Your order is on it's way doesn't always mean it's left Rhino yet. I don't like UPS for shipping for much of anything. I hope this doesn't evolve into a problem of a lost package. Anyone had a tracking number issue ? Should I contact Rhino if there's no movement in the next few days, or possibly UPS ? Thanks for any help.
I think you will be OK. Mine, as well as those of others, was also in limbo with that same message for a number of days...much more than I would have suspected. Perhaps they do actual shipping in batches.

I ripped with makemkv and used tsmuxer. Identical copy except no menu on screen, but still has all streams and skip/rewind/ff functions. I'm with you; just want a back up copy and easier access.

Back