Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is only one issue of Sgt. Pepper's with the 5.1 mix and that is the box set with UPC #6 02557 45532 8
The BD offers lossless DTS-MA, etc. and the DVD-V offers DTS/DD and mentioned above.
When I saw 'DVD-A' earlier that put a flag up that expectations were not going to match what's out there. (one can of course make a DVD-A as needed)

There is only one issue of Sgt. Pepper's with the 5.1 mix and that is the box set with UPC #6 02557 45532 8
The BD offers lossless DTS-MA, etc. and the DVD-V offers DTS/DD and mentioned above.
When I saw 'DVD-A' earlier that put a flag up that expectations were not going to match what's out there. (one can of course make a DVD-A as needed)

My blue ray player is messed up, but DTS will be acceptable. I think I did get the right thing. When it comes in, I'll see if the numbers match. Thanks,
The Quadfather

You provided me with the link. See above post of yours under "check this out". I paid $91.27 USD.
The Quadfather

Well in that case you got the right version...when you open the outer package it will look like a vinyl LP cover....HERE 003.jpg

When you open it you will see slots for 4 CDs on the left side and slots on the right for the blu ray and dvd.........HERE002.jpg

Reactions: GOS
My blue ray player is messed up, but DTS will be acceptable. I think I did get the right thing. When it comes in, I'll see if the numbers match. Thanks,
The Quadfather

The SONY X~800 UHD 4K player for the money is an EXCEPTIONAL player. Besides UHD 4K it also plays almost ANY format (DVD~A included) and even plays the CD side of a dual disc [which MOST players don't]. Here's a Best Buy listing: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/search...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Refurbished price $140...and I'm sure it comes with a warranty. List price NEW is $299. Additionally, the casing is all metal and its footprint is small.

The SONY X~800 UHD 4K player for the money is an EXCEPTIONAL player. Besides UHD 4K it also plays almost ANY format (DVD~A included) and even plays the CD side of a dual disc [which MOST players don't]. Here's a Best Buy listing: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/search...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Refurbished price $140...and I'm sure it comes with a warranty. List price NEW is $299. Additionally, the casing is all metal and its footprint is small.

I wouldn't buy a used unit....if you are patient you can get it for $150...they have sales on that unit frequently...

Hey Y'all:
Last night I listened to the Beatles "Sgt Pepper's LHCB", and it was all right. I didn't listen with the rears boosted as suggested by some, but I probably will next time. While not overly discrete, it does have discrete elements that pop up in the rears, the fronts are definitely discrete. So I am happy with it. I watched the videos before I listened to the surround recording. The videos are in surround as well, except for the interviews. The only problem I have is where to store the huge box it comes in. It might wind up in the stereo LP cabinet. Anyway, I'm glad I bought it, and I will probably buy more if issued, especially Abbey Road.
The Quadfather

Hey Y'all:
Last night I listened to the Beatles "Sgt Pepper's LHCB", and it was all right. I didn't listen with the rears boosted as suggested by some, but I probably will next time. While not overly discrete, it does have discrete elements that pop up in the rears, the fronts are definitely discrete. So I am happy with it. I watched the videos before I listened to the surround recording. The videos are in surround as well, except for the interviews. The only problem I have is where to store the huge box it comes in. It might wind up in the stereo LP cabinet. Anyway, I'm glad I bought it, and I will probably buy more if issued, especially Abbey Road.
The Quadfather

I'm glad you liked it...no mention of Abbey Road...BUT...the White Album is possible:)

Probably a dumb question, but is SACD and DVD-A output supported via digital coaxial or just HDMI?

Keep in mind that amazon warehouse deals are rated just like items are on Ebay and other outlets that sell used items...the "like new" items from amazon warehouse deals are a smart way to save money if you miss that early pre order date...just be aware that amazon also sells these products in "good" condition...which for our hobby means you can get that disc you want from the box set but other things might be either missing or suffer cosmetic damage..

Last edited:
A great price, actually! Note, too, that below it is a used set going for $84.99 but WITHOUT the BluRay MC disc. Anyone who'd buy THAT has a fool for a client, as they say. Because if I were that curious, even if I didn't like the surround on the disc an intact set is a much better resale item, obviously.

ED :)

Back