Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the Sgt Pepper's Dolby Atmos version might be made available for streaming on Amazon Music HD... Wonder how it will compare to the 5.1?! 🤔

DA.png

All those titles pictured happen to have known true Atmos mixes, though.

Yeah, and we can assume that they are the source here, but how it goes from there to the Amazon "Box" and how it gets played back - I'm still an old skeptic. I hope I am wrong, but when titles pop up as Atmos that are not available elsewhere, that's when I will be VERY "show me".

We still have no way to verify that these streaming Atmos deals are actually discrete or just stereo pumped through Penteo/SPEC type software. When it comes to this, I am strictly from Missouri.

Ha yes I know what you mean... Hopefully they'd just use the native Atmos mix not included on the blu ray... Clicking on the album shows the original track list without Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane... Not sure if they were on the Atmos theatrical release?

Hi QQ people, long time lurker, but this is my first post. Bought the SDE of Sgt Peppers for the Blu-ray. Put it in my UBP-X800 and got the Apple logo and then nothing but chugging and spinning and a black screen. Figured bad disc so sent back the first copy and got a second copy. Same issue. Now I am wondering if I should try a 3rd copy. I suppose I could just play the DVD but I really wanted it for the lossless 5.1.

Anyone have any advice, suggestions?

I have dozens of other Blu-rays and no issues. I have the both the White album and Abbey Road and they play fine.

Hi QQ people, long time lurker, but this is my first post. Bought the SDE of Sgt Peppers for the Blu-ray. Put it in my UBP-X800 and got the Apple logo and then nothing but chugging and spinning and a black screen. Figured bad disc so sent back the first copy and got a second copy. Same issue. Now I am wondering if I should try a 3rd copy. I suppose I could just play the DVD but I really wanted it for the lossless 5.1.

I have dozens of other Blu-rays and no issues. I have the both the White album and Abbey Road and they play fine.
Sorry you're having so much trouble with Pepper, but welcome to QQ and hopefully one of the geniuses in this group can help. I would definitely send it back for another copy. Third time could be the charm.

"chugging and spinning" IMO usually have to do with authentication/copy protection issues.

IOW's when I try to copy a disc to my hard drive for backup purposes, if it chugs and spins it's the drive having a hard time reading/breaking the copy protection in order to copy it. Maybe the same is happening for your playback?

Do you have the latest firmware for your unit?

Do you have the latest firmware for your unit?

but Abbey Road came out later and if his unit plays that then it has the firmware for that and that firmware would include Sgt. Peppers in that firmware package because it would include all prior releases.

Last edited:
Back