Should Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch Pre-Announce Upcoming Surround SACDs or Keep Them Secret Until the Release Date?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... you wouldn't want us old men to be lying on our death beds only to realize we aren't going to be around for the freshly announced D-V release that's due to drop in 6 months. That would just be rubbing salt in the wound. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Exactly! :D

Salt is to be either rubbed on a giant steak or stuck to a full glass of Bloody Caesar!

its already agony for customers overseas waiting for their DV goodies when they're shipped nanoseconds after the order's placed (and then take aaaaages to arrive!).. imagine the pandemonium if DV were to announce something and not put it out for yonks, like Immobile Fidelity Slow Labs, for example! if it ain't broke don't fix it! just maybe slightly speedier international shipping would be a good thing.. (where's the "hiding under a chair" emoticon when you need it!) :LOL:

Yeah... you wouldn't want us old men to be lying on our death beds only to realize we aren't going to be around for the freshly announced D-V release that's due to drop in 6 months. That would just be rubbing salt in the wound. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yep...facing death...no problem...not being around for a music release...hard to accept:unsure:

The Japanese BOTW Sony Quad SACD release debacle comes to mind! So I'm definitely happy they simultaneously release and announce, adds a bit of fun to the hobby, and you know you'll get them.

when they pulled the plug/rug, they definitely didn't keep this customer satisfied..!! (but the customer did stay alive, so that's one good thing i guess.. "everyday above ground is a good day, Tony!" or whatever it was! had it been a Surround SACD of EJ's "Don't Shoot Me.." that was wafted under me hooter and then wisked away again without release, I may have felt compelled to fashion a placard and protest outside Sony's offices! "rah! rah! rah!"

..oh hang on,. Universal already did that 14 years ago when they pulled the rug/plug on SACD altogether! d'oh! its like déjà vu all over again! :phones

boom boom bitches kaboom! :eek: is Coventry the kinda place you pass through? they say it's pretty but i've never been! :LOL:

Nor have you been to Watford to pay homage to the Wizard!

Instead of investing in a Dolby Atmos rig maybe it's time you bought a Harley Davidson ...... you butch dilettante!:ROFLMAO:Butch Buckley has a nice ring to it!

DV should just keep doing what they're doing I reckon; no advance notice, wait until it's all ready to ship, then advertise it as for sale.

Too many businesses focus on telling people what they're gonna do way in advance which is like saying, "See this? You can't buy it.".

If everyone focused on quality control instead of predicting the future, that'd be better for everyone. The number of quality control muck-ups that have affected music I've bought in the past 5 years is way more than affected anything I've purchased in the previous decades. All avoidable if they allow enough time to check their work. Check, check, check; that's the name of the game no matter what industry you're in.

"Out of the blue and into the black.
You pay for this, but they give you that."

Back