Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadanasaziland

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
If you are like me then it took years of trial and error to come up with what sounds best! This is a Frankenstien hobby, it's out of control!:eek:

Put up pics of your stuff here but Jon asks, please keep em small, 100x140.:banana:

My system isn't the prettiest but it plays every thing and well!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,897
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,899
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,939
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,907
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,887
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,866
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,867
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,862
Last edited:
Yes that is my baby! Still pretty rare, I only am aware of 6 777's on the planet, I'm sure there are more. The last one was on ebay last week. QB did a resto on it a couple of years ago.

Nice systems guys! Yeah, it's a sick hobby...but it keeps us out of trouble! (At least I have my wife believing this :D )
Tim

Attachments

• timfeb06 005.jpg
    timfeb06 005.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 1,784
...Sorry for not keeping the pic smaller in my last post Jon...you can delete it if u want....Thx,
Tim

DennisMabry said:
Nice Martin Logans Tim! (y) (y) What model are those? What are your other speakers?

Thanks Dennis. I have the model SL3 Logans. I just bought them from a friend who made me a deal I couldn't pass up so i quickly ebay'ed my Thiel 3.6 spkrs (Which i also liked very much). It's been a dream of mine to own ML spkrs since first hearing them way back in '91 at a Stereophile audio show in NYC. I don't regret doing this....the sound is just amazing!
I'm using Pinnacle 8", two-way's for my surrounds and Pinnacle 4" 2-way's for my back surrounds along with a V'Dyne 12" subber.
I built my own center channel into the cabinet below the TV using 2 8" woofs and tweet's. (I've borrowed center spkrs from friends to compare but still like the sound of mine better!)
How about your system? What's your setup like????
Tim

timw said:
Thanks Dennis. I have the model SL3 Logans. I just bought them from a friend who made me a deal I couldn't pass up so i quickly ebay'ed my Thiel 3.6 spkrs (Which i also liked very much). It's been a dream of mine to own ML spkrs since first hearing them way back in '91 at a Stereophile audio show in NYC. I don't regret doing this....the sound is just amazing!
I'm using Pinnacle 8", two-way's for my surrounds and Pinnacle 4" 2-way's for my back surrounds along with a V'Dyne 12" subber.
I built my own center channel into the cabinet below the TV using 2 8" woofs and tweet's. (I've borrowed center spkrs from friends to compare but still like the sound of mine better!)
How about your system? What's your setup like????
Tim

Tim, I have been wanting a pair of Martin Logans for about 8 years now. The pricetag holds me back. They are the most detailed and airy speakers I have ever heard.

I have a pair of Definative Technology BP-2000 for front speakers. They are Bi-polar, two front firing 6" with a dome tweeter and two 6" w/tweeter rear firing (out of phase with front) and a side firing full range
15" sub with built in 300w amp. I have them Bi-amplified with a Sunfire Cinema Grand Amp (225w x 5). I have a center channel speaker by Mirage (two 6" w/tweeter). My surrounds are Polk LSf/x. They are also Bi-polar (2front and 2 rear). And the sub is a Sunfire True Subwoofer MK IV. The Sunfire TGIV pre-amp /processor is set up for 7.1 (It actually has 9.1), but my room size demands that I stay with 5.1.

I'm curious, do your ML's match well with your other speakers with a 5.1 source? Are they 6 ohm? I often wondered if you would need electrostats all around. My fronts are gain sensitive and required a lot of tweaking to get them right. Maybe someday I'll take the step up to electrostats.:sun

Dennis

Here's mine. I am going through some changes currently, with new racks and such, but this is the way it has looked for a while. I'll post some pics when the new racks are complete and installed.
Lonny

Attachments

• Old rack.jpg
    Old rack.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,680
  • Old rack left2.jpg
    Old rack left2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,665
  • Old rack right1.jpg
    Old rack right1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,662
  • Old rack rears.jpg
    Old rack rears.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,636
timw said:
...Sorry for not keeping the pic smaller in my last post Jon...you can delete it if u want....Thx,
Tim

Not to worry, we have plenty of bandwidth these days! Bring 'em on! :sun

We've had a big bandwidth boost for about two years now, since I switched hosts. We could have never done things like the "label pages" and "HiRez Poll" on the old account.

(NOTE: I checked, it was April 2004. Here is the original post about it. I guess no one noticed back then! :D )

Nice gear, guys! Here's my contribution: front end & gear end. It's taken me MANY yrs to get a setup as nice as this for quad/surround/HT.

What I really enjoy is how this works so well for 4 ch, 2 ch, and home theater. As u can see, my legacy quad gear is in a cabinet, incl my QuadBob restored Sansui 9001 that I bought new in '78 and a S&IC, while other modern gear is in rack, AV rec., amp, tube preamp, LD, DVD, SACD players, DVR, VCR.

Like quadanasaziland, my wife says "I'm out of control" :eek: . But my wife did give me this room, so....:mad:@:

BTW - I really like those Sansui signs. Where did you guys get them? More importantly, it must have been quite a few yrs ago.

ss9001

Attachments

• DSCN1235.JPG
    DSCN1235.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 1,632
  • DSCN1229.JPG
    DSCN1229.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,630
  • DSCN1233.JPG
    DSCN1233.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 1,621
  • DSCN1232.JPG
    DSCN1232.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,599
Last edited:
Really nice gear guyz!

The pics of my gear are from my den. This is mainly an audio room, I also have a home theater set up in the livingroom. When I bought this house I went shopping with a dedicated quad room in mind.

Ok don't be shy, lets see some more pics mc maniacs!:banana:

BTW - I really like those Sansui signs. Where did you guys get them? More importantly, it must have been quite a few yrs ago.

ss9001

Got mine on ebay a couple of years ago, paid over $100 for it, it was a hot item with a bunch of bidders. They come up kinda regular, 4-5 a year of this model.

Last edited:
Lucanu said:
What Behringer are those?
seem like noise gates or compressors/limiters.
Do I guess?

Good eyes, Lucanu!
Behringer SNR2000's. I bought them hoping to minimize noise from some of my CD-4 LP collection; poor man's sustitute for the old dbx 3bx companders. The Behringers will do both compression and noise reduction. I found the effects at the recommended auto settings to be too intrusive and muffled the sound, so I set them manually. They can help, but are no replacement for a clean, well-pressed LP.

ss9001

ss9001 said:
Good eyes, Lucanu!
Behringer SNR2000's. I bought them hoping to minimize noise from some of my CD-4 LP collection; poor man's sustitute for the old dbx 3bx companders. The Behringers will do both compression and noise reduction. I found the effects at the recommended auto settings to be too intrusive and muffled the sound, so I set them manually. They can help, but are no replacement for a clean, well-pressed LP.

ss9001

I was fortunate to find a pair of reasonably-priced Burwen TNE units on eBay. They are a godsend for CD-4 playback.

Back