Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quadzilla said:
I was fortunate to find a pair of reasonably-priced Burwen TNE units on eBay. They are a godsend for CD-4 playback.

Actually, I talked to QB about the whole NR issue, and he suggested finding a Burwen. When I was putting this together, I was lucky that a Burwen showed up on ebay, then an SAE unit, within several weeks of each other. So I ended up with both. SAE on the rear channels, Burwen on the fronts.

I've set the Behringers for light compression, mainly to reduce the audible noise level between tracks. To me, set at the recommended levels, there was too much noticeable pumping during song play. The built-in dynamic noise filters also help, but can easily can be over-done, so I set them for a minimal cut at the highest freq. And I only use them on the worst LP's. When I play CD-4's, most of the time I don't use the Behringers.

I'd sure like to see pics of more folk's gear. Don't be bashful.

ss9001

Last edited:
Here's a shot of my system as it stood a few months ago. Have since added a PRISTINE Nikko 1200 Pre that is adding some nice headroom and driving my Big rear speakers... AND just recently found a matching tuner that will be added to the mix next week.

Here's a cool pic of my system.

stereolabeled6nb.jpg

Yes there are all plugged in
And after a minute or two to think I can switch from 1 to another

Attachments

• PICT0014 Email.JPG
    PICT0014 Email.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,427
  • PICT0013 Email.JPG
    PICT0013 Email.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,398
  • PICT0012 Email.JPG
    PICT0012 Email.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,402
  • PICT0011 Email.JPG
    PICT0011 Email.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,388
  • PICT0010 Email.JPG
    PICT0010 Email.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,394
  • PICT0006 Email.JPG
    PICT0006 Email.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,396
  • PICT0005 Email.JPG
    PICT0005 Email.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 1,391
  • PICT0004 Email.JPG
    PICT0004 Email.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,382
  • PICT0003 Email.JPG
    PICT0003 Email.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 1,380
Quad Downunder

I hope I did not use to much space
You will have to make allowances for an old Quaddie

Attachments

• PICT0003 Email.JPG
    PICT0003 Email.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 1,338
  • PICT0002 Email.JPG
    PICT0002 Email.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,334
  • PICT0001 Email.JPG
    PICT0001 Email.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:
rustyandI,

I'm reminded of the saying "he who dies with the most toys, wins".

I think you've won!!! :D

Maybe a significant other can get you a programmable remote to replace all the ones on the table. ;)

My next additions will be HD-DVD, BluRay or both. But legacy gear is :cool:

ss9001

Finally got a pic of the system. QRX-8001 on top with 4 channel outputs coming out of the headphones jacks into a Sony 3000ES.

Rick

Attachments

• monolith SMALL.jpg
    monolith SMALL.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 913
Last edited:
Basic setup I purchased new and has served me well for many years.

Attachments

• surround 3.jpg
    surround 3.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 910
Last edited:
Wow Ron (rustyandi), that is one impressive pile of stuff!!

I am impressed! :D

Wow Ron (rustyandi), that is one impressive pile of stuff!!

I am impressed! :D

Ron has one of those Micro Seiki direct-drive TTs with the ability to use three arms on it. Been looking for one of those myself, but they go for too much on eBay! :eek:

Here's my pretty basic system, comprising a Goldring turntable, Onkyo DVD player and Onkyo SACD / DVDA player, Grundig Elegance TV, Denon CD player, Marantz Quadradial Amplifier and Onkyo 7 Channel Amplifier. Not in this pic but recently added is a Denon Laserdisc player.

Attachments

• Craig's Audio System.jpg
    Craig's Audio System.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 839
Hello again.
Bit of an update on my Amp Rack upgrade. I finally got it all in place and working right tonight.
I'll get some better pics tomorrow.
Lonster

Attachments

• New racks 1.jpg
    New racks 1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 810
  • New racks 9.jpg
    New racks 9.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 810
  • New racks 10.jpg
    New racks 10.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 794
  • New racks 11.jpg
    New racks 11.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 803
  • New racks 12.jpg
    New racks 12.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 805
Last edited:
Added two pictures, which are:
1st is my "new" quad 8-track player from Clarion, bought from eBay last week;
Next is a JVC 4DD-10 that winopener won on eBay and send to me for a check in.

The odd thing is that the JVC he bought was from a seller here in Italy, where you know quad, especially CD-4, never had a chance in the 70's.

BTW, something is moving here too...;)

Attachments

• DSC00151.JPG
    DSC00151.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 783
Last edited:
I only am aware of 6 777's on the planet

Interesting that you say you are only aware of 6 QRX-777's on the planet. Thats pretty cool!! I inherited this one recently from my father. I plan to take care of it.

777.jpg

*the dials look like they are kind-of on but thats just from the reflection of the flash

Hello,

Enjoy the tour.

All I use this for is to dub 45's to cassette. The fun thing here is the Sansui rack/cabinet. Note the dual doors in the front and the 3/4 (surround) glass. The CD player on top is Sansui, as is the EQ on top of the cassette deck. The EQ has a remote control that stores in the deck when not in use. It doesn't show up to well in this picture though. Remember Curtis Mathis? That's the brand name of this turntable. They were better known for their TV's. This GE receiver actually has quad decoder outputs on the back and connects for (Q) system speakers. Too funny. This setup sits behind me when I'm at the computer.

More to come, stayed tuned, I promise it will get better. I had to experiment with resizing pictures to get them to upload.

Attachments

• music machines0004.JPG
    music machines0004.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
Back