Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SACD+/-R ???? Would you kindly clarify and elaborate. Recordable SACD? Is such media available? Or does that mean SACD recorded onto DVD? or something else, I have missed? TIA.
Yes an SACD-R is a burned SACD. The disk itself is a actually just a recordable DVD. Depending on size it may need to be a double layer disk.

Thank you for the clarification. I was under the impression that the physical media of SACD was different than DVD. I was probably jumping to that conclusion based on the differences between cd , dvd and bd.

SACDs are just DSD burned to a DVD, commercially manufactured or home burned. An ISO file represents a disc image and that image can be burned to the type of disc from which it came. SACD and DVD-(A or V) can be burned to a DVD.

By the way, a firmware update for the BDP-93 locked out playing ISO files, but those ISO files play fine when burned to a disc.

Water pipe burst and destroyed half of the F48C150C-36B8-4E0E-BA6C-10D247072B9A.jpeg ceiling in my soundproof room. Room was nearly completed a year ago to the day. Nightmares do come true.

The good news is it only destroyed a couple of my atmos speakers. All bed channels, subs, and electronics are ok. I’ll just be out of commission a couple months.

And hell my wife gets a new kitchen floor out of it and new carpet for the rest of my basement,

Water pipe burst and destroyed half of the ceiling in my soundproof room. Room was nearly completed a year ago to the day. Nightmares do come true.
And hell my wife gets a new kitchen floor out of it and new c

Aghhh oh no, I’m sorry about that and you are very lucky it didn’t take out more! Hopefully it’ll just be a bad memory in a short while.
Good luck!

Water pipe burst and destroyed half of theView attachment 45857 ceiling in my soundproof room. Room was nearly completed a year ago to the day. Nightmares do come true.

The good news is it only destroyed a couple of my atmos speakers. All bed channels, subs, and electronics are ok. I’ll just be out of commission a couple months.

And hell my wife gets a new kitchen floor out of it and new carpet for the rest of my basement,

Very sorry to learn about that. I'm looking forward to adding 4 in or on wall ceiling speakers for my Atmos addition sometime this year. Hopefully my in ceiling sprinkler system does not leak. Pipes supplying water to the sprinklers have leaked in a different room some years before, so I know exactly what your going through. These were taken almost exactly 11 years ago, and it's happened another time a couple years later in a different room. It's not fun, and it's costly as hell!

Attachments

• Picture 810.jpg
    Picture 810.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Picture 813.jpg
    Picture 813.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Picture 817.jpg
    Picture 817.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Picture 818.jpg
    Picture 818.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Picture 819.jpg
    Picture 819.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 193
Water pipe burst and destroyed half of theView attachment 45857 ceiling in my soundproof room. Room was nearly completed a year ago to the day. Nightmares do come true.

This is just awful. So sorry. Unfortunately, it is a risk for those of us who have been banished along with our audio/video systems to the basement. (You would be surprised at how easily one can pick up a 130 lb speaker in panic when water starts seeping into the basement.)

Thanks guys. Thankfully insurance is going to cover everything. i have wanted to try out Auro 3D and especially the up mixer for music but didn’t install a VOG channel on the original build and wished I would have. Well now that the ceiling is down in that area I’m going to go ahead and add one, why not :p

This is just awful. So sorry. Unfortunately, it is a risk for those of us who have been banished along with our audio/video systems to the basement. (You would be surprised at how easily one can pick up a 130 lb speaker in panic when water starts seeping into the basement.)

At least I'm not in a basement, in fact very few homes in this area has no basement. Here in Scottsdale, the housing code states that water sprinklers are mandatory. Luckily I hadn't had a problem in years, but I do remember what it was like going through it. And hey, if there ever is a fire at least all the house won't burn down. If anything were to ever break out, hopefully it won't be in the main room with all the audio/video gear!

Had a water pipe break in my kitchen that destoryed half the ceiling in my hardly a year old soundproof dedicated room.

While everything is out of commission for repairs I firgured I may as well change some things I wanted to do differently. First are these 4 diffusers that will be replacing cheap Auralex styrofoam diffusers that didn’t really work much.

Easy build just a lot of cutting and saw dust.

Here is a link to the ones I built.

PME Records QRD Diffusor Construction

next up I’m building a BOSS for my front row seating to replace my existing “buttkicker“ riser

Attachments

• EBB74CB1-A174-464D-8A09-8A08A42546D9.jpeg
    EBB74CB1-A174-464D-8A09-8A08A42546D9.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 174
  • D5B97DAE-29D8-49FD-AFE8-801CF9C3D845.jpeg
    D5B97DAE-29D8-49FD-AFE8-801CF9C3D845.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 175
I have not been banished to the Bassment, it is my part of the house that wife & kids had no interest in. Fortunately I have no water pipe on the music side. Unfortunaely it's a mid century cinder block wall prone to leaking. ~35 years ago a trench with sump pump fixed that. My bigger concern is power going out during heavy rain. Nope, I don't have abattery back up just crossed fingers.

@Mcallister I hope all goes well & you end up with a better set up than before!

Last edited:
I have not been banished to the Bassment, it is my part of the house that wife & kids had no interest in. Fortunately I have no water pipe on the music side. Unfortunaely it's a mid century cinder block wall prone to leaking. ~35 years ago a trench with sump pump fixed that. My bigger concern is power going out during heavy rain. Nope, I don't have abattery back up just crossed fingers.

@Mcallister I hope all goes well & you end up with a better set up than before!
As is the case with Sonik Wiz, my system is in the basement and it’s by choice. As soon as I saw the small finished out space in the basement of the ‘for sale’ home I was interested in, I knew it was going to end up being my home theater space. I thought that my family would be equally attracted to watching a movie or listening to music in it, but they never were. By default, I have it all to myself. Its wonderful having your very own hangout space where you’re in control of what gets played when.

As is the case with Sonik Wiz, my system is in the basement and it’s by choice. As soon as I saw the small finished out space in the basement of the ‘for sale’ home I was interested in, I knew it was going to end up being my home theater space. I thought that my family would be equally attracted to watching a movie or listening to music in it, but they never were. By default, I have it all to myself. Its wonderful having your very own hangout space where you’re in control of what gets played when.
Hey do you have any pics on the forum of your basement set up? I took a quick scan through this thread & scanned a list of your previous posts & didn't turn up anything. I'd love to see how your subterranean home theater turned out.

In ancient days when amateur radio was popular the dream was to have a free standing ham shack in the back yard. A radio club house. My set up requires going from the kitchen>stairs down>garage>stairs down>Bassment. So it has that pseudo-independant feel of the old days.

Hey do you have any pics on the forum of your basement set up? I took a quick scan through this thread & scanned a list of your previous posts & didn't turn up anything. I'd love to see how your subterranean home theater turned out.

In ancient days when amateur radio was popular the dream was to have a free standing ham shack in the back yard. A radio club house. My set up requires going from the kitchen>stairs down>garage>stairs down>Bassment. So it has that pseudo-independant feel of the old days.
It’s nothing fancy, but here’s a few pics:
A22A6633-D297-4343-B2F8-9DD086EC60BF.jpeg

ECDF2EFE-AB7F-4238-AC46-205DEB2E8C83.jpeg

78371584-0FC6-46DA-9F53-F4C21E191978.jpeg

Back