Quantcast

Show us your gear!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

furui_suterioo

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Where did you find the service manual?
I meant to say there is a physical copy available for purchase on ebay, not actually available to look at online. I just tested out the front and rear channels separately using my phone and a cannibalized pair of junk headphones, unit works as expected, now just need to order some more headphone jacks to make a harness for the quadphones.

Last edited:

furui_suterioo

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Got this Alpine 4006 "Multi Director" car joystick balance control today:
View attachment 62029
It only has 2ch input, but maybe I can change that.
I just need to order some more headphone jacks to make a harness for the quadphones.
Well, it works! I've connected the front/rear outputs to the two stereo plugs on the JVC 5944 quadphones so that I get regular stereo with the pot all the forward, and OOP sound with the pot all the way back.

furui_suterioo

300 Club - QQ All-Star
How do you find the sound of the Audionics and Fosgate decoders compare to each other?
I would say their decoding abilities are about the same(CB and side-center tones). I can't fully evaluate the Fosgate 101a because the sound quality is kind of muddy, it was really bad when I first got it, after awhile it mostly went away but not entirely, the decoding accuracy is still perfect though so maybe just needs new caps.

1968rt

QQ Supporter
I added some more equipment to my Marantz collection. Model 150 tuner. Made 1976-1978. Model 4140 quad amplifier. Made 1977. 70 wpc x 2, 25 wpc x 4. The original purchaser paid $597.96 for the pair in January 1975. I also got a wired remote for the 4140, 2 wood cabinets, and an SQ decoder. I bought these at an estate sale of the original buyer. This guy was a saver. With the equipment I got the boxes for the decoder, both cabinets, and the remote. The 150 and 4140 were shipped directly to the buyer from Marantz. I got the packing boxes and shipping boxes with his address on them for both. All boxes contain the styrofoam packing material. I got the original instruction manuals for the 150, 4140, remote, and decoder. I got the shipping invoice from Marantz, the receipt for the money order, a warranty repair invoice, a schematic for the 150, and a template for the 4140 for a custom cabinet installation. Both cabinets, the remote, and the decoder were all bought at Lafayette Radio. The cabinets were $32.50 each, the remote $39.95, and the decoder $79.95. Quite a bit of history, IMHO. I also picked up a R2R quad tape of various sounds such as a stock car race, steam locomotive, SF cable cars, etc.

271.jpg
272.jpg
274.jpg

surround.sound.enthusiast

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I added some more equipment to my Marantz collection. Model 150 tuner. Made 1976-1978. Model 4140 quad amplifier. Made 1977. 70 wpc x 2, 25 wpc x 4. The original purchaser paid $597.96 for the pair in January 1975. I also got a wired remote for the 4140, 2 wood cabinets, and an SQ decoder. I bought these at an estate sale of the original buyer. This guy was a saver. With the equipment I got the boxes for the decoder, both cabinets, and the remote. The 150 and 4140 were shipped directly to the buyer from Marantz. I got the packing boxes and shipping boxes with his address on them for both. All boxes contain the styrofoam packing material. I got the original instruction manuals for the 150, 4140, remote, and decoder. I got the shipping invoice from Marantz, the receipt for the money order, a warranty repair invoice, a schematic for the 150, and a template for the 4140 for a custom cabinet installation. Both cabinets, the remote, and the decoder were all bought at Lafayette Radio. The cabinets were $32.50 each, the remote $39.95, and the decoder $79.95. Quite a bit of history, IMHO. I also picked up a R2R quad tape of various sounds such as a stock car race, steam locomotive, SF cable cars, etc.
Man, that is a beautiful find (two units I'd like someday). Congrats!

GaryG

Just picked up an Oppo 103 off of eBay for a fair price. All accessories and original box. I wanted a backup for my 83se. The 83se is starting to show it’s age. Got my first disc that won’t play in the in the 83, Chris Squire “Fish Out Of Water” blu-ray, plays fine in the103.

5352D07E-E40A-42F3-8743-55E409342FD5.jpeg