Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24" monitor, 10" monitor, magnifying & reading glasses... c'mon the best way to solve this dilemma is go big: 😆o_O

V_U PIC 2.jpg

It's an 8' screen which is pretty small by HT standards but perfect size for the ~9' sweet spot/viewing distance. Pretty easy to read track listings. But just like @Tornado Red & others here I like to keep the hours off the display. It seems a waste to burn a $400 lamps just to look at still pics.

And there's the downside. Turn it off & the white screen is just giant visual distraction even with the lights low as I listen to music in the wee hours just as @Sal1950 does. And to view a movie & eat at the same you must choose your food wisely cuz you'll be eating the dark, mostly.

When did listening to music become so visually demanding? At least I can slap an SACD in my Oppo and MCH auto play is the default.

Of course the projector hooks to my PC also and that's a real benefit in this set up. I can get my wireless keyboard & mouse in front of me in the audio sweet spot & edit/up mix with AA 3or whatever with ease & no surprises how it might sound later.

Acctually I like the idea of a small monior for various purposes. Does anyone remeber that Fosgate decoder model #something that had the 7" monitor built in? Cool idea but I think the product bombed.

Excellent! But some of us can't see that well anymore to resort to just 10" monitor. :geek:
Hey, I resemble that!

In order to navigate DVD-A, SACD, & Blu-Ray Pure Audio disc menus on my Oppo 203, I bought a 15.5" monitor so I didn't have to deploy the motorized screen and projector. But at a 7' viewing distance I still need opera glasses to read the small text most disc menus use...
IMG_1209.JPG

24" monitor, 10" monitor, magnifying & reading glasses... c'mon the best way to solve this dilemma is go big: 😆o_O

View attachment 85547

It's an 8' screen which is pretty small by HT standards but perfect size for the ~9' sweet spot/viewing distance. Pretty easy to read track listings. But just like @Tornado Red & others here I like to keep the hours off the display. It seems a waste to burn a $400 lamps just to look at still pics.

And there's the downside. Turn it off & the white screen is just giant visual distraction even with the lights low as I listen to music in the wee hours just as @Sal1950 does. And to view a movie & eat at the same you must choose your food wisely cuz you'll be eating the dark, mostly.

When did listening to music become so visually demanding? At least I can slap an SACD in my Oppo and MCH auto play is the default.

Of course the projector hooks to my PC also and that's a real benefit in this set up. I can get my wireless keyboard & mouse in front of me in the audio sweet spot & edit/up mix with AA 3or whatever with ease & no surprises how it might sound later.

Acctually I like the idea of a small monior for various purposes. Does anyone remeber that Fosgate decoder model #something that had the 7" monitor built in? Cool idea but I think the product bombed.

For me bulb life was a secondary consideration. In this hairshirt audio nerd's opinion, the primary downside of projector use for music listening is the projector's cooling fan noise. My JVC DLA 990 sports one of the quietest fans of any projector but even in the eco mode bulb setting, my quiet dedicated room's ambient noise floor rises by 10db with the PJ on.

My goodness that's a lot of speakers! Do you have 2 separate systems running?

Looks fantastic by the way!

Thank you

All the speakers can be running on one system - 11.2.4 Home Theater Surround Sound Audio Configuration (Yamaha Aventage Receiver + Amp) but also have one system configuration dedicated it specifically for surround music (Pioneer Elite Receiver + Amp)

Regards,

Beautiful setup there Sergio. Absolutlely looks like a room I'd want to never leave, honestly.

Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to express that. My dear wife Jennifer suddenly passed away 2 years ago, she was only 45. Today our daughters are my joy. It has been a while since my las posting here. Music, films and the outdoors really help me to get better on my mind and also concentrating in the upgrade of my home theater and home in general.

Life goes on

Regards,

Thanks. The reason I love 5.1.4 so much is that that option is all Aerial (20T V2s in front, LR5s as center and surrounds). The back surrounds are my older but timbre-matching (closely to Aerials) SP Tech Continuums.

Also, the room sounds amazing cuz, with the design help of Jeff Hedback, we built the walls and ceiling as acoustic sandwiches (air space behind studs, then two pegboards, sandwiched with 2 inch rigid insulation) and outer pegboard needed to be painted before being put up so no clogging of breathability.

Edit: my "weakest" link (first world problem) are the size of the 4 Atmos/Auro height speakers (SVS Prime Elevation; sound great though). Not sure what would be the next step up. Any ideas? Too early to upgrade, but never too early to investigate. :)

Last edited:
Back