Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an old thread, but I enjoyed looking at everyone else's pictures. Here's mine...thus far. I've only been doing this for about a year. I hope to add a Technics SH-3433 by Summer:

Pioneer QX-949 4-Channel Stereo Receiver w/ CD-4 demodulator, SQ and QS decoders

Pioneer QA 800A 4-Channel Pre-amplifier

Pioneer QM 800A 4-Channel Power Amplifier

Dual 1229 3-speed turntable in ¾ walnut-finish case with: Headshell with Pickering UV-15 cart, D2000-Q stylus (CD-4/Quad); Headshell with Micro-Acoustics S1 cart, 100e stylus; Headshell with Stanton L720 cart, D71EE stylus; Headshell with Audio Technica AT 3600 cart and Pfanstiehl 4211-D3 78 rpm stylus

Panasonic RS-855US 8-Track 4 Channel player, 2 Channel recorder (recently replaced with Technics RS-858US 8-Track 4 Channel recorder/player)

Sony BDP-S380 Blu-ray Disc™/SACD player with 40GB HD through rear usb

2x Technics SH-8055 12-band Equalizers

TCC TC-754 Phono Preamp with three switchable aux inputs and variable output level

Surround Master SQ Edition (Quadraphonic LP ‘SQ’ and ‘QS’ decoder) http://www.involveaudio.com/products/surround-master-sq-edition

Polk Audio Monitor 10A Speakers, Cherry (fronts) with Peerless tweeters, 24” spiked speakers stands w/ anti-slip mat under speakers

Polk Audio Monitor 10A Speakers, Oak (rear) with Peerless tweeters, 24” spiked speakers stands w/ anti-slip mat under speakers

2x (front and rear) Yamaha YST-SW215 8" 150 Watt Powered Subwoofers

2x Ikea POÄNG chairs, 1 POÄNG footstool, and 1 LACK side table

20140212_205551_resized.jpg

20131125_211914.jpg

20131125_211645.jpg

20131125_211632.jpg

20131125_211538.jpg

Last edited:
Hehehe. So....I really wanted this thread....

Here is a picture of my rear speakers. yeah, Klipsch....RP3's. They have an internal powered SUB...10". Makes for a real full sound.

6CC1ED87-F49A-4B34-A451-3FE299966A0B.jpg

Hehehe. So....I really wanted this thread....

Here is a picture of my rear speakers. yeah, Klipsch....RP3's. They have an internal powered SUB...10". Makes for a real full sound.

6CC1ED87-F49A-4B34-A451-3FE299966A0B.jpg

The RP3's used to be my front...then I upgraded fronts and moved these to rear. Having very similar speakers front to rear made a HUGE difference. I have to say that it sounds amazing.

Hi everyone

Well, here's the lounge:

DSC05601.jpg

Due to the open plan shape of the room, I have the speakers in a semi-circular arrangement with the rears slightly behind the listening position (the other rear is out of the photo but directly opposite the one shown bottom right).

The sub is behind the chair on the left. I'd like to bring the sub out as it has a nice wood grain but it sounds best in the corner (unlike a Victorian child, it should be heard and not seen).

The blue and white striped cushion on the couch is the sweet spot.

Yes, it was very sunny when I took that photo just now.

Hi everyone

Well, here's the lounge:

View attachment 16959

Due to the open plan shape of the room, I have the speakers in a semi-circular arrangement with the rears slightly behind the listening position (the other rear is out of the photo but directly opposite the one shown bottom right).

The sub is behind the chair on the left. I'd like to bring the sub out as it has a nice wood grain but it sounds best in the corner (unlike a Victorian child, it should be heard and not seen).

Very very nice setup...that KEF center channel looks HUGE...

Thanks Clint Eastwood.

Yeah, that centre is a decent size. About 230mm high by about 300mm deep if memory serves. Big sound too. It can handle the bass like nothing I've heard elsewhere.

ATTENTION ALL!!

At the request of "Clint Eastwood" and other members, I have merged CE's 2015 Show us your gear thread into the original thread, and moved the whole thing to the "General Hardware" section in the QQ Main Forum. This can cover vintage and well as new technology hardware and systems.

I left redirects all over the place, so hopefully everyone finds this one. I also stickied it for posterity, because I could not find the original thread at all. vB at its best it seems! :mad:@:

Please pay $20
I am married 49 years in March
3 Daughters 3 grandchildren
I am a Vinyl floor Layer just starting my 60 years working just part time now
Replaced left knee and right hip
Yes
A Vinyl layer and a Vinyl Collector

Rustyandi, it sounds like you have found Nirvana, a lasting marriage that includes all your passions! Just one thing, shouldn't you be playing your vinyl?

Please pay $20
I am married 49 years in March
3 Daughters 3 grandchildren
I am a Vinyl floor Layer just starting my 60 years working just part time now
Replaced left knee and right hip
Yes
A Vinyl layer and a Vinyl Collector

Sorry! I didn't bet you! lol, I commend you on the abilty to keep the wife happy and the fact she allows you to do as you please with regard to this. Not many would! I owe timothyemerson a $20.00. If, he had taken me up on it! :sun

Sorry! I didn't bet you! lol, I commend you on the abilty to keep the wife happy and the fact she allows you to do as you please with regard to this. Not many would! I owe timothyemerson a $20.00. If, he had taken me up on it! :sun

Dang it, that $20 could have gone towards whatever Steven Wilson remix is released next! Oh well.

Back to the hardware: Are there any QQ'ers with Naim speakers that have some pics to post, or a comment or two on the sound? Plenty of reviews on the internets, I know, but I trust you guys over them.

I've never heard Naim speakers and am hesitant to pop into the local store for a listen in case they expect me to part with $62K for a pair of Ovator S-800's, or worse, that there's a night-and-day difference between them and me Kefs.

Hi everyone

Well, here's the lounge:

View attachment 16959

You'll never get burglars, Optimus Prime will see them off..!! (y)

image.jpg

QUADRABOTS, KICK OUT THE JAMS AND TRANSFORM...!!! :banana:

Back