Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!

Here are some pictures of my german quad receivers

The first two pictures are from the 1976 Telefunken TRX 2000. It has a build in SQ decoder.
This was one of the first European receivers with a digital freqency display for the tuner section and clock.
The turntable (partly visible) is the Nordmende Quadronado P2 from 1975

The third picture is from the 1974-1976 Grundig HiFi Studio 2040, also equiped with SQ decoder.
This studio has a Dual 1228 turntable with a Shure M91ED cartridge.

Greetings,

Stefan

Attachments

• 100_0479.jpg
    100_0479.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 682
  • 100_0478.jpg
    100_0478.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 688
  • 100_0480.jpg
    100_0480.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 679
Hi!
The first two pictures are from the 1976 Telefunken TRX 2000. It has a build in SQ decoder.
i have one, kind like this but TRX 3000.
sadly it's died lil bit over year ago and i'm not yet done anything to arrange the fix.

Hi Otto!

I hope you can get the TRX 3000 fixed! This one is simular to the TRX 2000, but has more power (and some small technical improvements).
On the German HiFi forum, they claim the TRX 3000 was the only built European "monster receiver" from the 70s.
Telefunken invested a lot of money in the development of both the TRX 2000 and 3000, so that they could be competitive with the Japanese manufactures.
Disappointing however is that they didn't build in a CD4 demodulator.

Greetings,

Stefan

Pretty much finished. 7.1 with 2 extra up top. 3 Blu Rays, Sat box etc.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 641
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 629
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 636
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 636
after the plate amp on my sub quit today, i discovered something interesting. knowing i will not address the problem with the sub immediately, i decide to turn off the center channel and run in phantom center mode. in this config, i can listen to the system on only the main speakers which house both main and surround arrays in a single cabinet. while the speakers were designed for stereo, it turns out that they work amazingly well with surround recordings as well. now instead of 5.1 i'm running in straight 4.0 ... does that work as quad? the Moody Blues SACD's from their quad recordings are excellent.

the interesting thing i found was that with the sub and center in play, the sound and soundstage are quite impressive in scope, but when they are out of play even though i am getting less sound, i am getting better sound. its quite a stark change in character of presentation that i enjoyed right away, so i guess i'm going to enjoy having some of my components out of service for a while.

P8022238-1.jpg

The sub is against the side wall now although it was handy having as shown in the pic because I could adjust the volume easily.
IMG_0500.jpg

I love cork!
IMG_0502.jpg

Getting that little monitor was a godsend! Otherwise I'd have to leave the plasma uncovered. Only cost me $5.
IMG_0503.jpg

Here's my collection - 200 discs. I have 4 empty shelves (100 per shelve) so I should be good for the rest of my life.
IMG_0501.jpg

For nighttime listening I turn on the fluorescents. There is a red one that's not in the picture.
IMG_0516.jpg

The sub is against the side wall now although it was handy having as shown in the pic because I could adjust the volume easily.
View attachment 17629

I love cork!
View attachment 17630

Getting that little monitor was a godsend! Otherwise I'd have to leave the plasma uncovered. Only cost me $5.
View attachment 17631

Here's my collection - 200 discs. I have 4 empty shelves (100 per shelve) so I should be good for the rest of my life.
View attachment 17632

For nighttime listening I turn on the fluorescents. There is a red one that's not in the picture.
View attachment 17633

Ahhh a true audio lover! cover that glass tv with cork!! and I thought I was bad! with a blanket over my big window. but before that, I had raw pink insulation up on the walls. ( divorced)

Newbie here so until i get up to speed, expect lots of dumbass questions. I just ripped some Genesis SACDs and think I did them correctly (preserving the copy protection and getting a bit by bit duplicate) so I'd like to burn the images to DVD media. I'm using anyburn and it refuses to burn the image saying the file format is not supported. Okay, so i move an image file to a linux box and burn the DVD without a hitch but when I go to play it on my Pioneer DV-578AS, the disk is not recognized?!? My DVD firmware is pretty recent (region 1 v2.09) and these Pioneer players are supposed to be able to 'ignore' the copy protection. What did I do wrong?

Newbie here so until i get up to speed, expect lots of dumbass questions. I just ripped some Genesis SACDs and think I did them correctly (preserving the copy protection and getting a bit by bit duplicate) so I'd like to burn the images to DVD media. I'm using anyburn and it refuses to burn the image saying the file format is not supported. Okay, so i move an image file to a linux box and burn the DVD without a hitch but when I go to play it on my Pioneer DV-578AS, the disk is not recognized?!? My DVD firmware is pretty recent (region 1 v2.09) and these Pioneer players are supposed to be able to 'ignore' the copy protection. What did I do wrong?
You have posted your question in a forum that is unrelated to what you are asking about. Follow the link below and post there. Have a look at the existing threads - you may get some ideas. I personally would answer if I could but I know very little about it. Odds are someone here at QQ will have a suggestion for you. One more thing: Welcome to QQ!
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-Sound-Production-and-Playback-on-the-Desktop

I painted all those styrofoam blocks black.
resizeIMG_0540.jpg

And put a black background behind the TV.
newsizeIMG_0533.jpg

So that was the aesthetic part...but I made a tweak to the system as well.

Several listening sessions convinced me that, even though you'd think it would matter, the cork covering the 50" plasma didn't make much difference. So I had this extra cork (plus more cork besides the TV covers) and what to do?

I've often read about bass traps and how using these in the corners is an essential component if you want good audio. But I never really got it and was always puzzled by the whole concept. Besides it seemed like a pricey thing to do. So...this extra cork - maybe I should just throw it in the corners. Oh Yeah. I can definitely hear an improvement in the sub output. Clearer; not muffled. You can see what I did to the right of my FR and the to right of my RR.

Nothing exotic to see here, but it gets the job done...

Panasonic Viera TC-P60S30 Plasma 60" Display
Pioneer SC-61 Elite AVR
Emotiva XPA-3 Amplifier
Oppo 103 Blu-ray Player
Sony SLV-750HF VCR
Motorola DCX3400 HD PVR
Polk DSW PRO660 sub
Polk DSW PRO550 sub
Polk RTi A9 Main Speakers
Polk Monitor 75T Side Surrounds
Polk CSi A6 Centre Channel
PSB Alpha B1 Rear Surrounds
Harmony 520 Remote
Sennheiser HDR 180 Headphones
Apple TV

Attachments

• P1250012.jpg
    P1250012.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 456
Nothing exotic to see here, but it gets the job done...

Panasonic Viera TC-P60S30 Plasma 60" Display
Pioneer SC-61 Elite AVR
Emotiva XPA-3 Amplifier
Oppo 103 Blu-ray Player
Sony SLV-750HF VCR
Motorola DCX3400 HD PVR
Polk DSW PRO660 sub
Polk DSW PRO550 sub
Polk RTi A9 Main Speakers
Polk Monitor 75T Side Surrounds
Polk CSi A6 Centre Channel
PSB Alpha B1 Rear Surrounds
Harmony 520 Remote
Sennheiser HDR 180 Headphones
Apple TV

How do you like that center channel positioned so high?...have you ever tried it on the floor...most of the Polk's center speakers are designed with the option of firing upward...just curious..very nice appearance(y)

That picture really doesn't show the angle of the centre Clint, I made my own isolation wedges from a cell type of foam found in Pelican instrument cases and got the angle right for the "sweet spot". I had this cabinet system I wanted to hang on to, so built the bridge that connects the two towers as well. I had the centre originally low behind the display, but this works well for me ;)

Attachments

• P1250003.jpg
    P1250003.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 440
Well, fairly exotic if you ask me, very nice! Does the Emotiva run the fronts and the center, and the pioneer the rest?

Update: this is a terrible idea. Sound from center speakers is, at times, bizarre. This is probably no surprise to most of you. I need a Paradigm Studio 60 v2 if anyone has one for sale.

I have 4 Paradigm Studio 60's. Up until now I had 3 across the front with dipoles in the rear. So that means one Studio 60 is unused. I want to use all of them so here is what I came up with:
Those are my 2 dipoles stacked upon each other and being used as a center speaker. You may have noticed that one of the dipoles is upside down. That simulates the relative positioning of the dipoles when normally used. So far my new "center" seems to work fine. BTW the sub holding up the dipoles doesn't work so at least I can use it for something.

I'm loving finally having matching full-range speakers for the fronts and rears.

front 3a.jpg

rear left.jpg

rear right.jpg

Last edited:
Back