Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMAZING you still have that!
It's a new acquisition for me, but someone in Japan must have had it for a long time. I'd like to get a sealed cartridge as well but they are a bit more difficult to find. It probably won't get opened(until I can justify the funds for demodulator service, digital recording interface for archiving, and another cartridge if possible) for a long time yet. The open box stylus looks good on the microscope and sound without distortion but I still can't fully test it because the demodulator has consistant lower level in the left channel with all the cartridges I tried.

It's a new acquisition for me, but someone in Japan must have had it for a long time. I'd like to get a sealed cartridge as well but they are a bit more difficult to find. It probably won't get opened(until I can justify the funds for demodulator service, digital recording interface for archiving, and another cartridge if possible) for a long time yet. The open box stylus looks good on the microscope and sound without distortion but I still can't fully test it because the demodulator has consistant lower level in the left channel with all the cartridges I tried.

Would it be easier to replace the demodulator?

I just picked up this TEAC 3340 quad real to reel. I like the look of it, with the four large VU meters. It can accommodate 10 inch reels. One thing that has me puzzled is that it only has one headphone jack. The switch next to the Jack allows you to select the front channel, the rear channel, or the front and rear channels mixed. It has two speeds, 7 1/2 and 15 IPS. I also got with it the original TEAC plastic dust cover.
EA612A0A-822B-41A8-BF2F-E6F149DD6B84.jpeg

I just picked up this TEAC 3340 quad real to reel. I like the look of it, with the four large VU meters. It can accommodate 10 inch reels. One thing that has me puzzled is that it only has one headphone jack. The switch next to the Jack allows you to select the front channel, the rear channel, or the front and rear channels mixed. It has two speeds, 7 1/2 and 15 IPS. I also got with it the original TEAC plastic dust cover.View attachment 72965
What’s the headphone confusion, you only have one set of ears right :unsure:

I picked up a couple of headphones in pristine condition. The RadioShack pair is the Nova Pro model, and the pioneer model number is SE - 30. By the looks of the storage case, the pioneer phones must have been top of the line. Both pairs look like they were hardly ever used. The box for the Realistic phones rates a 10 out of 10.View attachment 73560View attachment 73561
That is a very cool find my man! I must live in a NO cool zone, never see stuff like this.

While I patiently await the SMv3, the opportunity to acquire a QSD-1 from the original owner, with box, warranty card, manual, etc. came my way. So happy. It's pristine and working as spec'd for the time being. For fun, I paired it with two Sansui AU-5500's that I had QRX Restore go through not that long ago. The AU-5500 started my hobby so many years ago. I happen to have the Sansui FR-3080 "quad" turntable as well. I never dreamed I'd have this combo of pieces running together. Having fun tonight.
20211122_164111.jpg

While I patiently await the SMv3, the opportunity to acquire a QSD-1 from the original owner, with box, warranty card, manual, etc. came my way. So happy. It's pristine and working as spec'd for the time being. For fun, I paired it with two Sansui AU-5500's that I had QRX Restore go through not that long ago. The AU-5500 started my hobby so many years ago. I happen to have the Sansui FR-3080 "quad" turntable as well. I never dreamed I'd have this combo of pieces running together. Having fun tonight. View attachment 73798
Happy for you LB-V! Both the QSD-1 and Surround Master have great tri-band decoding. The SM
presents more detail less analog artifacts.🙄
The QSD-1 has special stereo to surround that the SM lacks.

I took this picture for my SHMF profile but it wouldn't load, so I'll try it here instead:

View attachment 73821

Yep, that works. Unlike my wife, the dog always wants to sit in the sweet spot.
Seems to be a nice set up Sir!
I am so familiar with that Oppo back screen. And great that the pup joins you! There is a place on your QQ profile where you can list all your gear (strictly optional ) and quad legged friends name.

Looking forward to future posts!

Back