Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New LCR arrived!

Attachments

• 2F4EDE0F-9956-417B-AB71-EB031C038388.jpeg
    2F4EDE0F-9956-417B-AB71-EB031C038388.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 129
was able to get them unboxed. I won’t be able to get everything installed until this weekend, this week is going to last forever 😩

Attachments

• BA0E4B91-0C27-42CA-B4C7-4C5CBCE123E0.jpeg
    BA0E4B91-0C27-42CA-B4C7-4C5CBCE123E0.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 110
  • D277249E-4BD4-46BC-9334-F9A2CE2C5DBA.jpeg
    D277249E-4BD4-46BC-9334-F9A2CE2C5DBA.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 107
I totally hear you but I’m still jealous! What do you have for the rears?
I will still be using Danley SH100’s until I can afford to buy either 708‘s or SCL-4’s.
The Danley are great speakers in there own right but I was just itching to try something else and have lusted over these M2’s for quite a while.

Last edited:
Touchè!!! Yessss... point duly noted! ¡Olé!
Sometimes PA means Public Address
Other times it might mean Pro-Audio.

There are those who think both interpretations are without exception categorically inferior to what’s in a typical home mid-fi or HiFi system, but absolutely there exists a huge range of quality variation, and I mean that in every sense of the term quality.

PA (be that public address or pro audio) is not limited to that well worn obsolete house rig installed at your school, job shop, congregation or local watering hole, there will be Pro-Audio gear installed in the very places where your most cherished music is being created.
In some situations true quality of gear is profoundly understood and the gear employed follows the cost-no-object ~ failure-not-an-option philosophy.

There are no laws I know of governing where so-called PA equipment can or can not be best utilized, good judgment is achieved in no small part as a function of subjective personal taste and budget.

Sometimes PA means Public Address
Other times it might mean Pro-Audio.

I’d always thought that the term PA was only ever used for very limited bandwidth systems used for the specific task of addressing the public. Station and airport announcements and the like. What we in the UK would know as a ‘Tannoy’. Nothing to do with hi-fi whatsoever – but all to do with high speech intelligibility. They typically have a restricted frequency response no better than a telephone, centred on the human voice for clarity in noisy environments and high power directional speakers. I’ve never heard of PA being an abbreviation for ‘pro-audio’ whatever that might mean.

I’d always thought that the term PA was only ever used for very limited bandwidth systems used for the specific task of addressing the public. Station and airport announcements and the like. What we in the UK would know as a ‘Tannoy’. Nothing to do with hi-fi whatsoever – but all to do with high speech intelligibility. They typically have a restricted frequency response no better than a telephone, centred on the human voice for clarity in noisy environments and high power directional speakers. I’ve never heard of PA being an abbreviation for ‘pro-audio’ whatever that might mean.
I agree, I've never heard PA used in reference to Pro-Audio.

PA's are bandwidth limited more by the crappy (or intentionally designed for speech intelligibility) speakers they use, rather than the electronics.

Pro-Audio equipment is usually more robust than home audio, made to be used and abused but not necessarily better sounding. Pro equipment often has balanced inputs and outputs which is nice.

The two possible meanings of PA reminds me of the two meanings of SQ. I will never ever use SQ as an abbreviation for sound quality!

Last edited:
That is a PA system!!!
Wow!!!
Well, as a musician, by far most of my experience with amps, speakers and such is dealing with so-called pro-audio sound reinforcement gear, and the term PA gets used quite often. I’ve heard the term (if at times only in my own head) both ways, but I believe a person can determine the intent in the context.

For example, if I heard my name blaring over the PA this morning to get my behind immediately to the superintendent’s office. Clearly PA here means Public Address,

Or, while looking at a wall of brand new Master Reference Monitors that list for $6600 apiece, often used by professional sound personnel in the processing, engineering, production and/or delivery of sound (presumably music) that cost is without the special Crown I-tech 5000HD DSP high power amplifiers, now this usage of the term doesn’t strike me as a public address context,
but ..
“That’s a PA system!!! Wow!!!”
I hear that sentence as meaning Pro Audio.
Sorry if maybe I misread that statement.

Last edited:
Back