Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to express that. My dear wife Jennifer suddenly passed away 2 years ago, she was only 45. Today our daughters are my joy. It has been a while since my las posting here. Music, films and the outdoors really help me to get better on my mind and also concentrating in the upgrade of my home theater and home in general.

Life goes on

Regards,
Very sorry to hear that you lost your wife and that she passed away at such a young age. I can’t even fathom the magnitude of loss for you and your daughters. You are blessed to have them, as they are blessed to have you.

Here’s my setup. Almost every component you see is Sansui 😊 With my QRX-9001 adapted for use with Sansui’s QBL-100 joystick remote control, any seat in the room can become the “sweet spot” !!
1669330553433.jpeg

Last edited:
My newly finished and calibrated room. I can do 2 channel, 5.1, 5.1.4 (for me only :) ) and 7.1.4 (for movies and multiple people)
Wow Ted! So very cool!

Questions, questions, questions:

Do you have three subs?

What are those devices on the floor on both sides of the center speaker? TV projection system?

What speakers do you have?

Regarding the surround speakers, it looks like the person in the tan colored chair (That must be your spot.) is the only one who can hear them properly. As for those folks in the white chairs...well they are comfortable.

Thanks. Yes, I have three subs (two are stereo subs that get redirected bass from all the speakers except the fronts, the left corner sub is LFE only). The boxes on the floor are the two monoblocks ( Gato PWR-222s) powering the main speakers, and in front of the center channel is the UST projector (Formovie Fengmi T1 ultra short throw 4K pj). My 5.1.4 setup is made up of Aerial 20T V2s (main) and Aerial LR5s (center and surround). The back surrounds, used for 7.1.4, are SP Tech Continuums with their outboard crossover networks just below them. The height channels are two pair of SVS Prime Elevations.

The room was built for my own listening, so yes the best seat is the main listening position. :) It's good to be king! The two beige recliners to either side are NOT audiophile locations. :) They were added cuz doing demos and asking someone to sit in my chair while I sat behind them was a bit too MLP-centered, and not conducive to good neighboring. The inner positions on the back loveseats (on the platform) are not bad and probably the second best spots...but are mostly used for movie watching.

Edit: my "weakest" link (first world problem) are the size of the 4 Atmos/Auro height speakers (SVS Prime Elevation; sound great though). Not sure what would be the next step up. Any ideas? Too early to upgrade, but never too early to investigate.
I'm also using 4 SVS Elevation's and kind of thinking along the same lines. I don't have near the awesome room as you but without going to something much bigger and custom mounted, it's a difficult proposition. I sure as hell couldn't hang 4 more JBL HDI-3600's up there. LOL. Thankfully like you I'm very happy with the Primes sooooooooooooo?

Sergios gets my vote, though. Nothing I like more, than a warm inviting space, complete with hi-fi shit and a killer bar atmosphere. Hopefully, there is a bathroom nearby......and a couch or bed. lmao

Qrm1mnt.jpg

Yes, the bathroom's not far and also have an inflatable queen bed at hand when needed :) :) :)

The best part?... The sound and "The Good Shit" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards,

View attachment 85524
New mini me tv, 24” Insignia. Playing Apple Music so much now, wanted to take the pressure off the OLED screen.
That's a great idea. I've seen receivers that have miniature LED screens that would do the same thing but of course I don't have one of those. I too have a OLED display and don't like having to turn it on all the time just when I want to listen to audio. I also thought what might be a good idea is a portable display in a remote control where it would receive the signal from a video transmitter attached to the receiver or something like that.

I don't know if I would have a 2nd screen sitting next to my main screen, but I do think your idea is a good one.

I too have a OLED display and don't like having to turn it on all the time just when I want to listen to audio.
You really should try to work something out, having a static display on your OLED for long periods isn't a good idea. Screen burn-in is a definite possibility from that.
There's so many options, need some details on your systems arrangement for HDMI paths, etc.

That's a great idea. I've seen receivers that have miniature LED screens that would do the same thing but of course I don't have one of those. I too have a OLED display and don't like having to turn it on all the time just when I want to listen to audio. I also thought what might be a good idea is a portable display in a remote control where it would receive the signal from a video transmitter attached to the receiver or something like that.

I don't know if I would have a 2nd screen sitting next to my main screen, but I do think your idea is a good one.
Thanks. I have a 'speaker grill' that was part of this cabinet on the left, the small tv almost matches on the right. The small one is attached to zone 2 on the AVR so is not on when watching the big screen and vice versa, so I don't find it distracting. I use a Harmony remote that does all the switching so I have 2 activities set up, one for 'Apple TV' (OLED) and 'Apple Music' (LED). The zoning helped because the ATV box did NOT like sending the same video signal to both 4K and 1080 displays.

You really should try to work something out, having a static display on your OLED for long periods isn't a good idea. Screen burn-in is a definite possibility from that.
There's so many options, need some details on your systems arrangement for HDMI paths, etc.
Not too worried about it since I constantly vary the content on the screen. Sometimes I can switch to a different input that has no signal and on at least one or two Blu-ray Audios discs it has a selection if I want to have the video content on or off. For the most part I really don't listen to just audio all that long and if I do, I vary it with lots of regular video content after listening to a certain disc.

Several Christmases ago, my wife got me an Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB so i could digitize the hundreds and hundreds of LPs that have been sitting in our basement for decades. I think i made it through three albums when our computer went on the fritz. We have yet to replace it (we are relying on laptops and computers at the high school where she works). Well, because of a recent Black Friday Record Store Day purchase, i'm back like a heart attack to vinyl! I have a good friend who also DJs, and he installed this new cartridge for me:
D82C9EA1-EF4C-4FF6-B27B-159E80994A8A_1_105_c.jpeg
According to reviews, it takes about 50 hours of playing to work in, so i've been spinning like a madman!

Last edited:
Dear All

I have nearly completed my house renovation after more than a year and a half, and finally got my amplifier and Tuner back from a long lone to a mate.

Here is Chuckys system now fully operational. It consists of:

Technics SL120 turntable
SME type 3 arm
ADC ZLM cartridge (induced magnet cartridge)
Luxman DCD 1420 CD player
Nakamichi ZX 7 cassette deck (I love this beast)
Nakamichi HighCom noise reduction
Stax Lambda electrostatic headphone adapter box/ headphones
Rotel RA 2020 Amp (used for headphone and as a preamp)
Involve Surround Master V2
Rotel RA 2000 tuner
4 x Nakamichi dragon electrostatic speakers (self amplified 2 X 100W each hybrids.....I designed them). Fronts will soon be replaced by the giant successors I am designing at the moment
Involve Y4 surround system in lower TV lounge used exclusively for movies etc.

Please note that in my HiFi gear it is all stereo stuff plus the Surround Master, the speakers are self amplified for quad AND NO CENTER CHANNEL in either rooms!

Attachments

• IMG_20230117_124718.jpg
    IMG_20230117_124718.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230117_124709.jpg
    IMG_20230117_124709.jpg
  • IMG_20230117_124712.jpg
    IMG_20230117_124712.jpg
  • IMG_20230117_124657.jpg
    IMG_20230117_124657.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230117_173134.jpg
    IMG_20230117_173134.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dear All

I have nearly completed my house renovation after more than a year and a half, and finally got my amplifier and Tuner back from a long lone to a mate.

Here is Chuckys system now fully operational. It consists of:

Technics SLl120 turntable
SME type 3 arm
ADC ZLM cartridge (induced magnet cartridge)
Luxman DCD 1420 CD player
Nakamichi ZX 7 cassette deck (I love this beast)
Nakamichi HighCom noise reduction
Stax Lambda electrostatic headphone adapter box/ headphones
Rotel RA 2020 Amp (used for headphone and as a preamp)
Involve Surround Master V2
Rotel RA 2000 tuner
4 x Nakamichi dragon electrostatic speakers (self amplified 2 X 100W each hybrids.....I designed them). Fronts will soon be replaced by the giant successors I am designing at the moment
Involve Y4 surround system in lower TV lounge used exclusively for movies etc.

Please note that in my HiFi gear it is all stereo stuff plus the Surround Master, the speakers are self amplified for quad AND NO CENTER CHANNEL in either rooms!
No surprise about sans Center, nice clean lookin’ setup! You pluck a little acoustic Bass do ya?

Back