Music DVD Poll Sia - TV Is My Parent

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD "Sia - TV Is My Parent"

• 10 - Great mix, sonics & visuals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor mix, sonics & visuals

• 1 - Forget it.

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments & observations on this live release from Australian songstress Sia.

Sia.jpg

Featuring 60 minutes of footage recorded on 12 September 2007 at the Hiro Ballroom in New York, as well as a behind the scenes special filmed by Sia from the North American tour of February/March 2008 and 4 videos (Buttons, Day Too Soon, The Girl You Lost & Soon We'll Be Found)

Concert Tracklisting:
Buttons
Little Black Sandals
Lentil
Day Too Soon
Sunday
Destiny
Breathe Me
Electric Bird
You Have Been Loved
Academia
The Girl You Lost To Cocaine
Distractions

Sia first really broke through when she was a guest vocalist on Zero 7's "Simple Things" album (which would be outstanding in 5.1) for the songs "Destiny" & "Distractions" - both of which are featured here played with her own band.
Best described as "quirky", I think she has a unique voice and writes songs that really grows on you the more you hear them. The performance here is what is usually described as an "intimate" one (read "small venue") and her talent & rapport with the audience shines through. The only downside for me on this release is the use of Dolby Digital audio only for both the stereo & surroundstreams yet they went to the expense of filming & mastering in high definition - someone somewhere got their priorities all wrong as it should really be the audio that gets the main consideration & I can only imagine how good this would have been with LPCM & DTS instead so it loses 3 points from me for this.
That aside, I can highly recommend this album - and once you get this one, like my better half you will probably start to get her CD's as well.

Great Stuff, let down by the choice of audio codec only.

I've only got her "Colour the Small One" cd (which I like) and have meant to grab at least another disc at some point...maybe I'll check out this live set.

Back