Silly question concerning Stick Men's "Deep" digital download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclectic

QQ Supporter
I just bought the Deep download from the surroundmusic.one web site. The site says it's a 48/24 5.1 flac, but the download is 96/24. Anyone know what's up? Of course I know that I can't hear the difference between 96k kHz and 48, unless it's IM distortion caused by the higher rate, but still, I'm curious. Surely no one was foolish enough to upmix from 48 kHz source to 96? I know that Neil Wilkes did the original mix for the DVD-A, but he doesn't appear to frequent the forum much these days.

I bought the re-issued 2018 BluRay from surroundmusic.one, and all three versions (5.1, 4.0, 2.0) are 96/24 LPCM, even though the cover states the surround versions are 48/24.
Maybe, as you suggest, a typo / relic of the original DVD-A release?
(Sounds good to my old ears.)

OdysseyMusik sent me the BluRay from Denmark and was responsive to PM if you'd like to check with him.
His last activity was Tuesday, so he's been here much more recently than Neil.
(He's credited with the quad downmix on the BluRay.)

I just bought the Deep download from the surroundmusic.one web site. The site says it's a 48/24 5.1 flac, but the download is 96/24. Anyone know what's up? Of course I know that I can't hear the difference between 96k kHz and 48, unless it's IM distortion caused by the higher rate, but still, I'm curious. Surely no one was foolish enough to upmix from 48 kHz source to 96? I know that Neil Wilkes did the original mix for the DVD-A, but he doesn't appear to frequent the forum much these days.

Yeah! All mixes on DEEP are in 96-24! A spectrum also shows frequencies over 40 kHz (a 48-24 sample rate only goes up to 24 kHz)
There must have been another album released at that time that had interfered when the text was written ..... Markus Reuter had a lot albums entering surroundmusic.one at that time:D
It is now fixed!
Thanks for letting us know! (y)

Aha. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah! All mixes on DEEP are in 96-24! A spectrum also shows frequencies over 40 kHz (a 48-24 sample rate only goes up to 24 kHz)
There must have been another album released at that time that had interfered when the text was written ..... Markus Reuter had a lot albums entering surroundmusic.one at that time:D
It is now fixed!
Thanks for letting us know! (y)

I bought the re-issued 2018 BluRay from surroundmusic.one, and all three versions (5.1, 4.0, 2.0) are 96/24 LPCM, even though the cover states the surround versions are 48/24.
Maybe, as you suggest, a typo / relic of the original DVD-A release?
(Sounds good to my old ears.)

OdysseyMusik sent me the BluRay from Denmark and was responsive to PM if you'd like to check with him.
His last activity was Tuesday, so he's been here much more recently than Neil.
(He's credited with the quad downmix on the BluRay.)
To be clear, the original DVD-A release is 96/24 as well.

Back