Silverline Records

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCunningham

I'm sure that most of you are now aware of the announcement made by Silverline Records last week concerning their long-term licensing deal with Sanctuary Records to release 140 DVD-Audio titles.

"Under the terms of the agreement, Silverline Records has obtained exclusive license rights for all six-channel formats for 140 unique albums of Sanctuary repertoire including past and future releases. Beginning in April 2002, Silverline Records will release multiple DVD-Audio titles per month by artists such as Bob Marley, Styx, The Kinks, Joey Ramone, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Widespread Panic, Sex Pistols and Megadeth to name a few."

What you may not know is what titles are controlled by Santuary. Here's a link to their title list on the CD Now website. Take a moment and take a look. Some good titles in there.

Santuary Titles

Talk about timing. I just got finished posting the above message when in comes an email with the news that the first Silverline/Sanctuary titles have been announced. All of these will be released on May 7.

Bob Marley & The Wailers: The Best of the Early Years
Sex Pistols: No Future UK?
Motörhead: Motörhead…Deaf Forever
Stray Cats: Rockabilly Rules
Uriah Heep : Best of Uriah Heep…Part 2

Uriah Heep and The Stray Cats will most definately be on my "To Buy" list.

Finally some Uriah Heep in surround! That will be on my buy list too. I just wish they had control of the earlier Uriah Heep releases such as Demons and Wizards, and The Magician's Birthday. Salisbury would be good too. Demons and Wizards would be great in surround if it was done right. I guess I'll still have to wait for that sonic eargasm.

The Quadfather

Back