Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The algorithms have gotten very, very good. Just not...as good it needs to be for doing something like post-mix recovery.
Exactly this. It's very impressive kind of like a modern highly realistic animation. And every bit as obviously still not real!

I'm kind of saying 'Spleeter' like "Kleenex' and meaning it generically, sorry.

There are some very good mch mixes derived from stereo. One of the problems, and you can see this in spectral editing (which I admittedly don't have much patience for) is e.g. you might have two guitars basically playing similar notes. Trying to separate that out can be hard or just tedious (as with spectral editing).
AI separation has come a long, long, way. I have hopes it will keep getting better.

I'm using this thing called "Ultimate Vocal Remover" and I'm not demixing to upmix! I'm demixing a stereo in hopes of improving and mixing back into stereo...
That one is just so-so from my early experience with it. If you don't want to shell out the bucks for the high end DeMix Pro software, you can try LALAL.AI. I'd post samples, but we are not allowed to upload that kind of stuff.

Well the beauty of LALAL.AI is you can pay for what you need.
Being I'd rather spend my money on actual releases, I stick with the free AI programs. I've not done much mixing in a while for lack of time, but on my budget can't justify paying for DeMix Pro.
Otherwise, I've been "upmixing" since I joined this forum with all sorts of methods, way before there were any AI programs.
It's only going to get better.

On a completely unrelated note, I listened to the 20th anniversary edition of Starsailor's Love is Here...it's worse than the original 😭. I feel like I could do better by tweaking the original mix. It's very clearly remixed from the multitracks which makes me sadder. I would kill for this record in 5.1.

EDIT: The original mix has been nuked from streaming? AAAAAAGH!

Back