Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy Page and Ian Anderson
FTADp-8WIAImWpJ

I guess that Ian doesn’t harbor any grudges for LZ referring to his band as “Jethro Dull.”

Don’t forget theft of intellectual property 🙄
Where what's to be, they say will be
Catch the wind, see us spin, sail away
Leave today, way up high in the sky and whoa
But the wind won't blow
You really shouldn't go, it only goes to show
That you will be mine, by taking our time

... a hint? 🤣

the things you find when the leaves fall of the trees. this is next to our garage and I can say that I never really saw any bees hanging around there

View attachment 85904
I have some ivy that has climbed through a cluster of trees in my front yard, I noticed some years ago the bees seemed to set upon the vines en masse once a year. A few times I've had those constructions appear. Industrious lil' devils. I'm glad to see them, although there seems to now be less and less every year. The larger bees are what mostly dip into my flowering veggies every summer now, while the little honey bees make trips to my bird baths mostly, that I see anyway.

I recall my parents having a TV remote control with one button that would change the volume and another that would change the channel. They only went up in volume or channel number, so if you went too far, you had to go all the way arounfpd the settings (including “off” for the volume control). It used tuning forks to make an ultrasonic ping. Sometimes the dog’s license tags would change the channel!

Glad that era’s over!

We had a 1961 RCA color TV with an ultrasonic remote with 7 buttons: channel, volume up, volume down color up, color down, tint magenta, tint green.

You must have had Version 2 of the remote. My parents had the same thing........but with an approx 50' cord from TV to the remote. Version 1 ?

I also have a wired remote for a Zenith TV I got in a box of surplus. I never saw the TV - just the remote and 20 feet of 3-wire zipcord.

After I started my first job after Uni I hired a TV with the same sort of Ultrasonic remote. I lived in a bedsit, so not that big, and if I couldn't be bothered to find where I'd put the remote I just jangled my keys to change channel (there was only 3-4 then)🤪

Our keys also caused that. They turned up the volume.

One of my early Kenwood Quad AVR's, when you used the remote to raise/lower the volume the knob would turn. Don't know how many early one's did that but it struck me as odd at the time.

The knobs on this TV also turned. There was a single motor and 7 solenoid clutches. It also had a tube amplifier fed by an ultrasonic mic and a bank of filters.

I also have a used tube Fisher motor tuner which had a wired remote (I didn't get that). Pushbuttons on the tuner caused it to scan up or down the FM band for stations. It has no AM tuner.

I'm in Chicago all this week at the ASTA (American Seed Trade Association). This will be the last year it is in Chicago at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker Drive. Oddly, I will truly miss this even though Chicago is super hectic and I am holed up on the 32nd floor of the east tower. We take clients out each night for excessive eating and boozing. Last night we ate at Prime and Provisions. Holy crap what an amazing steak I had....dry aged New York Strip, medium rare. A cool $87 just for the steak. LOL! We also had an appetizer (among other things) of pork belly...which, they brought to our table, doused with Cognac and lit it on fire. Amazing......

I've been doing this ASTA in Chicago for the last 30 years!!! I'll miss you Hyatt! Next year it's moving to Orlando, Florida. That will be odd, but a nice change I guess. Especially in early December.

I'm in Chicago all this week at the ASTA (American Seed Trade Association). This will be the last year it is in Chicago at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker Drive. Oddly, I will truly miss this even though Chicago is super hectic and I am holed up on the 32nd floor of the east tower. We take clients out each night for excessive eating and boozing. Last night we ate at Prime and Provisions. Holy crap what an amazing steak I had....dry aged New York Strip, medium rare. A cool $87 just for the steak. LOL! We also had an appetizer (among other things) of pork belly...which, they brought to our table, doused with Cognac and lit it on fire. Amazing......

I've been doing this ASTA in Chicago for the last 30 years!!! I'll miss you Hyatt! Next year it's moving to Orlando, Florida. That will be odd, but a nice change I guess. Especially in early December.
Well, Come on down to Florida! Welcome!

Reactions: GOS

Attachments

• E4922247-B758-42A6-9B23-2046744D091F.jpeg
    E4922247-B758-42A6-9B23-2046744D091F.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 0

While moving a commodities trading convention from Chicago might seem blasphemous, December in Orlando will most definitely be more comfortable. Plus there is the distraction of the theme parks. Ask me how I know all of this. ;)

Burning Shed -Best Sellers for 2022
*notice a trend there?

Best Sellers 2022 / Happy Holidays​

Many thanks to everyone who's bought from us this year. We genuinely appreciate it. We hope you have a wonderful festive season (and let's hope 2023 is as good for new music as 2022!)

We’re closed for shipping and collections from 3pm Thursday 22nd December until 9am Thursday 5th January 2023.

We will only be answering emails sporadically, between eating mince pies and watching Love Actually on repeat.

Orders can be placed, but will be shipped when we return. Downloads and gift vouchers are available 365/24/7.

In the meantime, here are Burning Shed's top selling releases of 2022. See you next year!

1) Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation
2) Porcupine Tree - Coma Coda
3) Steven Wilson - Limited Edition Of One
4) Jethro Tull - The Zealot Gene
5) King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King - King Crimson At 50
6) Andy Partridge - My Failed Songwriting Career Volume 2 EP
7) Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick
8) Darkthrone - Astral Fortress
9) Tim Bowness - Butterfly Mind
10) Big Big Train - Welcome To The Planet
11) David Longdon - Door One
12) Big Big Train - Summer Shall Not Fade
13) Envy Of None - Envy Of None
14) Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
15) Robert Fripp - The Guitar Circle

Burning Shed -Best Sellers for 2022
*notice a trend there?

Best Sellers 2022 / Happy Holidays​

Many thanks to everyone who's bought from us this year. We genuinely appreciate it. We hope you have a wonderful festive season (and let's hope 2023 is as good for new music as 2022!)

We’re closed for shipping and collections from 3pm Thursday 22nd December until 9am Thursday 5th January 2023.

We will only be answering emails sporadically, between eating mince pies and watching Love Actually on repeat.

Orders can be placed, but will be shipped when we return. Downloads and gift vouchers are available 365/24/7.

In the meantime, here are Burning Shed's top selling releases of 2022. See you next year!

1) Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation
2) Porcupine Tree - Coma Coda
3) Steven Wilson - Limited Edition Of One
4) Jethro Tull - The Zealot Gene
5) King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King - King Crimson At 50
6) Andy Partridge - My Failed Songwriting Career Volume 2 EP
7) Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick
8) Darkthrone - Astral Fortress
9) Tim Bowness - Butterfly Mind
10) Big Big Train - Welcome To The Planet
11) David Longdon - Door One
12) Big Big Train - Summer Shall Not Fade
13) Envy Of None - Envy Of None
14) Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
15) Robert Fripp - The Guitar Circle
“ Ah Ah Mr. Wilson…”

So my Daughter and her Beau drove several hundred miles to spend time with us on Christmas eve/day. A good thing!
This afternoon, sitting down to a nice early dinner, all was good.
Until it wasn't.
Over at a neighbor's house, someone was expending tens of rounds of ammo. Take a short break, repeat. Semi auto rifle, shotgun.
Now most of us here live on at least 5 acres, but that's not enough to insulate you from idiots. People here hunt, no problem for me. But just going through boxes of shells for...nothing?
I finally had enough and shouted out we were trying to have a peaceful dinner. Well that worked for about 30 minutes. Then the shooting resumed. A good thing for them, or me, it did not last long and appears to be over with . Because I was getting dressed to confront them when my wife says it sounds like they have stopped.

A few years ago another neighbor and his bud were shooting a pistol and hit my house. Denied it. I said for Jesus' sake, man, I've heard enough bullets hit close to me to know what it sounds like. You know?

WTF is wrong with people?

So my Daughter and her Beau drove several hundred miles to spend time with us on Christmas eve/day. A good thing!
Until it wasn't.
Over at a neighbor's house, someone was expending tens of rounds of ammo. Take a short break, repeat. Semi auto rifle, shotgun.
Now most of us here live on at least 5 acres, but that's not enough to insulate you from idiots. People here hunt, no problem for me. But just going through boxes of shells for...nothing?
I finally had enough and shouted out we were trying to have a peaceful dinner. Well that worked for about 30 minutes. Then the shooting resumed. A good thing for them, or me, it did not last long and appears to be over with . Because I was getting dressed to confront them when my wife says it sounds like they have stopped.

A few years ago another neighbor and his bud were shooting a pistol and hit my house. Denied it. I said for Jesus' sake, man, I've heard enough bullets hit close to me to know what it sounds like. You know?

Now that totally sucks. So much for peace on earth and good will towards mankind.

Until it wasn't.

Seems like a good excuse to shoot back. 🤬

Back