Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCM will have a midnight-ish showing tonight of Ken Russell's Lisztomania (1975) starring Roger Daltrey.
I remember seeing this on release with the future mrs ~wave~.
I'd forgotten the soundtrack is by Rick Wakeman, who also plays the Norse god Thor.
Ringo has a cameo as The Pope.

Recently heard a hilarious comment on an old Rock's Backpages podcast with Barney Hoskyns and his music critic pals, making the case that the band Yes were good through The Yes Album, but went into the toilet as soon as Rick Wakeman joined. :D

TCM will have a midnight-ish showing tonight of Ken Russell's Lisztomania (1975) starring Roger Daltrey.
I remember seeing this on release with the future mrs ~wave~.
I'd forgotten the soundtrack is by Rick Wakeman, who also plays the Norse god Thor.
Ringo has a cameo as The Pope.

Recently heard a hilarious comment on an old Rock's Backpages podcast with Barney Hoskyns and his music critic pals, making the case that the band Yes were good through The Yes Album, but went into the toilet as soon as Rick Wakeman joined. :D

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but most Yes fans would say it didn't get interesting until Wakeman arrived (although I do think The Yes Album is their greatest album, not necessarily my favorite). More likely they weren't fond of songs that exceed 10 minutes.

While driving home from a trip we decided to grab a quick bite at a NYS Thruway rest stop. The only food places at this one was Starbucks and Burger King. Now, I haven't eaten any Burger King or McDonald's polyethylene food in about 20 years. Look what we paid for:

- 2 Whoppers
- 1 Small fries
- 1 Small fountain drink
- 1 Milkshake

:eek: :eek:Again, this is for plastic food. Plus it gave me "grease bloating" afterwards.

View attachment 88381

Not surprising at all. $15 a person is about right. Raising the minimum wage, the pandemic and inflation have resulted in high prices. Go figure. ;)

Copped a couple of Rush posters I used to have back then...the Hemispheres one in my house and the ESL one in my Dorm room 534 Johnson Hall in Temple U in 1982...
Funny how posters from some three ugly guys are way more expensive than from a GODDESS like Ingrid Bergman nowadays .. oh well...
rush h.jpg

rush esl.png

While driving home from a trip we decided to grab a quick bite at a NYS Thruway rest stop. The only food places at this one was Starbucks and Burger King. Now, I haven't eaten any Burger King or McDonald's polyethylene food in about 20 years. Look what we paid for:

- 2 Whoppers
- 1 Small fries
- 1 Small fountain drink
- 1 Milkshake

:eek: :eek:Again, this is for plastic food. Plus it gave me "grease bloating" afterwards.

View attachment 88381

Should have taken the Woodstock exit. :smokin
"New York State Thruway is closed, man!"

1675927312072.png

D4l6yU3UEAA8sck.jpg

Strike up the orchestra. Take your cues on the up-beat/Beat down anyone who says he doesn't like the sound.

Hour back! Get it?
Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 2:00 A.M. On Saturday night, clocks are set forward one hour (i.e., losing one hour) to “spring forward.” Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 2:00 A.M. On Saturday night, clocks are set back one hour (i.e., gaining one hour) to “fall back.”

Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 2:00 A.M. On Saturday night, clocks are set forward one hour (i.e., losing one hour) to “spring forward.” Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 2:00 A.M. On Saturday night, clocks are set back one hour (i.e., gaining one hour) to “fall back.”
Booooooo!

Back