Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember that survey I conducted a while back? Yeah...the results were heavily skewed. Almost everyone conflated Audio-DVD with DVD-Audio. Interestingly, after adjustment, STILL more support for DVD-Audio playback capabilities than SACD. 🤔

On an unrelated note I should stay off the internet because every time I see someone mix up DVD-Audio and Audio-DVD on the internet I feel like...feel like...ooh!
bart-simpson-strangle.gif
Hmmm. Maybe I need a refresher. I assume that “DVD-Audio” is the same as the DVD-A format, or is that backwards and you’re actually referring to the audio recorded on DVD-Vs?

As far as your poll is concerned, I only have one recording in both SACD and DVD-A, and I prefer the SACD, although that may have a lot more to do with factors other than the process of the bits.

Based on my poll, based on what people can play at home. Remember, DVD-A technically completely works in all PCs with disc drives! For dedicated players, I don't think I've even seen a DVD player with DVD-A functionality in the wild...
Unless I’m mistaken, AIX had several releases on DVD-A, and my Oppo 105 plays them fine.

Watched the Northwestern Wildcats beat Notre Dame's Fighting Irish at Wrigley Field last night, 8-7 in 11 innings. General admission, so my wife and i were in the first row, right next to the NU dugout down the third base line (i can see us a couple of times in the video)! What an exciting game. And what amazing memories for all those young men! Go Cats!
Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 12.16.02 PM.png

Watched the Northwestern Wildcats beat Notre Dame's Fighting Irish at Wrigley Field last night, 8-7 in 11 innings. General admission, so my wife and i were in the first row, right next to the NU dugout down the third base line (i can see us a couple of times in the video)! What an exciting game. And what amazing memories for all those young men! Go Cats!
View attachment 91624

I love OT games, it just gets extra exciting! My only experience with Wrigley Field is the pain & grief of trying to drive in the area during a game. Or rather the before/after.

I am surprised at all the empty seats!! I looked close at the video but can't claim to see you. Haha etc all I have to go on is that selfie of you and Gene.

I love OT games, it just gets extra exciting! My only experience with Wrigley Field is the pain & grief of trying to drive in the area during a game. Or rather the before/after.

I am surprised at all the empty seats!! I looked close at the video but can't claim to see you. Haha etc all I have to go on is that selfie of you and Gene.
Here's a screenshot of us; on the video, you can see us for about 2 seconds. My wife is a tad over a foot shorter than i am! I had called the home run right before the pitch!
Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 2.14.08 PM.png
Our local high school team is gearing up for playoffs, so i've restarted my beard. Here i am looking scruffy, cheering on the grounds crew before the game! We park on Ashland Avenue (about 3/4 of a mile away, and free!) to avoid the parking hassles.
Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 2.18.03 PM.png

Last edited:
my daughter lived in Wrigleyville area in 2011 and 2012. she had to deal with the drunken masses quite regularly during Spring and Summer.
My first wife and i lived at Addison and Halsted from '83 to '85. I was part of the drunken masses, regardless of the time of year! Ah, those were the daze!

I'm not under NDA so started mixing an EP in 5.1 Surround from 4-7 track masters in 16/48...harder than I thought it would be to create a cohesive sound image! :whistle: But hey, where the next album? Man, making music takes a lot more time than mixing...but hopefully we're getting there this late summer...no promises though.

Last edited:
Back