Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recall my parents having a TV remote control with one button that would change the volume and another that would change the channel. They only went up in volume or channel number, so if you went too far, you had to go all the way arounfpd the settings (including “off” for the volume control). It used tuning forks to make an ultrasonic ping. Sometimes the dog’s license tags would change the channel!

Glad that era’s over!

You must have had Version 2 of the remote. My parents had the same thing........but with an approx 50' cord from TV to the remote. Version 1 ?

🧀
I've recently gotten addicted to cheese. Well, I'm eating it more than usual. I'm gonna try one of the fancy cheeses soon and see how it goes.
Mmmm...cheese....
0006820000488.jpg

Cracker barrel cheddar cheese - must be old. 🧀

🧀🧀

I recall my parents having a TV remote control with one button that would change the volume and another that would change the channel. They only went up in volume or channel number, so if you went too far, you had to go all the way arounfpd the settings (including “off” for the volume control). It used tuning forks to make an ultrasonic ping. Sometimes the dog’s license tags would change the channel!

Glad that era’s over!
After I started my first job after Uni I hired a TV with the same sort of Ultrasonic remote. I lived in a bedsit, so not that big, and if I couldn't be bothered to find where I'd put the remote I just jangled my keys to change channel (there was only 3-4 then)🤪

I lived in a bedsit
The only other time I've heard the term "bedsit" is in The Moody Blues Late Lament, where they use the term 'bedsitter people.' I had to look it up as I thought it meant people who were bed ridden. Nothing like having the wrong concept in one's mind for 55 years. Unless we rewrite the lyrics:

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament

The bloody remote's batteries are spent

The only other time I've heard the term "bedsit" is in The Moody Blues Late Lament, where they use the term 'bedsitter people.' I had to look it up as I thought it meant people who were bed ridden. Nothing like having the wrong concept in one's mind for 55 years. Unless we rewrite the lyrics:

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament

The bloody remote's batteries are spent
As a student I lived in a few bedsits I lamented renting! Ice on the inside of the window

Back