Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeling a little "mortal" and I guess, sentimental. My wonderful wife turns 60 this Saturday. This photo is in 1987, just a couple months after our wedding. We used to have so much fun!! She's wonderful!

View attachment 92250

In this series I spy
Kodachrome
Kodachrome
Ektachrome
C print or Ektachrome
C print or Ektachrome
and most definitely C print probably VPS 100

That's indeed sad, and I feel for your Mom and many others having to deal with such things in the later part of their lives, truly.
My wish, as my wife knows, is to remain at my home come hell or high water. Then cremate me and scatter the ashes on my property and there I'll stay.
Fortunately (for her, not me especially), she lives about a mile from my home, so I’m able to take care of a lot of the issues.

About two years ago, she realized that she could not take care of a house that two people had been taking care of, and after several months of preparation, she and dad moved from SoCal up here. Both thought it was an improvement, which tells you how bad things were there. Dad passed away last July, but Mom’s still going great guns. She’ll be 97 on Tuesday. She’s made several friends here, and seems to be settling in nicely. I’m a lousy fortune-teller, so I can’t say how she (or I) will be doing in a year, but I’m leaving this house when I’m carried out. I won’t care what happens after that.

@GOS What have you used to scan your photos? I need to scan some photos before they disintegrate and yours look great, from analog film I assume.
I have a H-P flatbed scanner that I’ve used to scan all my physical photos at 4k resolution. I also did my niece’s negatives a year or so ago after her son died. It’s not real fast, but the scanner can chug away for an hour or somwhile you do other things.

Feeling a little "mortal" and I guess, sentimental. My wonderful wife turns 60 this Saturday. This photo is in 1987, just a couple months after our wedding. We used to have so much fun!! She's wonderful!

View attachment 92250
Wonderful pic!! We too are recently 60. Hard to believe....sometimes. Profile pic when we were 18 and 19 years old. We're all blessed regardless.👌

My favo(u)rite peonies are fading fast . . . whilst the second bush is blooming pretty!
Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 4.21.21 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 4.21.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 4.22.18 PM.png

Last edited:
The official Midnight Special YouTube channel just added the 1974 appearance from Genesis.

I saw the Musical Box the other night. It was amazing to see some old Genesis. But, I wonder when these were recorded. 1974 was the year of Lamb. I can't believe they would have played 2 songs from, not one but two and three albums ago. And Peter looks so young!

I saw the Musical Box the other night. It was amazing to see some old Genesis. But, I wonder when these were recorded. 1974 was the year of Lamb. I can't believe they would have played 2 songs from, not one but two and three albums ago. And Peter looks so young!
These were filmed in January of '74. They didn't start recording The Lamb until August of that year. Having said that, they still didn't perform anything from their most recent album, Selling England. If I had to guess I would think that perhaps they chose these two songs to do because they had the strongest theatrical element of their live shows of that period. America still didn't really know who they were and they were probably trying to make an impression.

I have seen the Musical Box a bunch of times over the years. They never disappoint.

Back