DVD/DTS Poll Simpson, Jessica - In This Skin [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Jessica Simpson - IN THIS SKIN

• Total voters
I'll Start....

This is another pop album much like Britney's "In The Zone"... and yep it's a guilty pleasure of mine. I liked the cd so I was really excited about the prospects of a 5.1 mix. I wasn't disappointed. Our own Thom C did the mix on this one and it is quite tasty with more rear channel use than even the Destiny's Child mix he did for "Destiny Fulfilled". Lots of really nice layering of background vocals in the rears as well as keys and percussuion that create a nice full 3D soundfield. Plus Jessica sings WAAAAAY better than Britney. Oh yeah... and she is better looking too!!!

My fave tracks:
Everyday See You
With You (Both Versions)
You Don't Have To Let Go
Be

I also was pleasantly surprised by this, just as soon as I got over the cover version as the first track.
This is my only real criticism, as I think it sends out a wrong message having someone elses song as track 1.
But apart from that, and the fact it's only in Dolby Digital - never mind high res, this one does not even have DTS - gives it an 8 from me.

Memo to Sony - Guys, you must be mixing this in 24/96 or 24/48 - please release it. Or at least a DTS version. Dolby Digital is better than no Multichannel at all, but there is so much missing by comparison with uncompressed High Res.

Although I hate to admit it, I enjoyed the Britney Spears DVD-A. However, this Jessica Simpson disc cannot compare. I never heard Jessica Simpson before but after listening to this disc I can say that she is a good karaoke singer. The music is bland, generic and totally uninspired. The surround mix is irrelevant as nothing can hope to salvage this tripe.

(n)

Although I hate to admit it, I enjoyed the Britney Spears DVD-A. However, this Jessica Simpson disc cannot compare. I never heard Jessica Simpson before but after listening to this disc I can say that she is a good karaoke singer. The music is bland, generic and totally uninspired. The surround mix is irrelevant as nothing can hope to salvage this tripe.

(n)

Thank you for this! I LOVE the Britney 5.1 Mix and I think now, in retrospect, after 17 years since Britney's debut, we can say she has had a better career than Jessica Simpson. Anyway, I'm not trying to start a Bubble Gum pop debate here...

But I will say that I'm willing to give this a try.... only since I am sooooooo hungry for more 5.1. I'm glad to hear this is a real discrete mix and therefor might have to get it. It is, after all, it is like 1 whole penny on Amazon...hahah.

I got this recently from Amazon at about $3 (shipped) and I must say that I'm extremely pleased. Although this album was released about 14 years ago, the mix and the sound quality is really really good even considering the Dolby Digital encoding. The songs were extremely well written and recorded so they've actually aged very well. The two cover versions, Robbie William's Angel and Berlin's Take My Breath Away are both excellent even though they won't replace the originals. I give this a 9 because overall, for Pop of the times, it's extremely well done and it's an album I'll go back to quite often. Should you find it for a good price and if you enjoy this type of music, I highly recommend it.

I got this recently from Amazon at about $3 (shipped) and I must say that I'm extremely pleased. Although this album was released about 14 years ago, the mix and the sound quality is really really good even considering the Dolby Digital encoding. The songs were extremely well written and recorded so they've actually aged very well. The two cover versions, Robbie William's Angel and Berlin's Take My Breath Away are both excellent even though they won't replace the originals. I give this a 9 because overall, for Pop of the times, it's extremely well done and it's an album I'll go back to quite often. Should you find it for a good price and if you enjoy this type of music, I highly recommend it.
Whoa.....I didn't know about this one.......I need to see about finding this. :) Hey Simon...how it goes?

Thanks for the heads~up, Simon. I need some bubblegum music in my life at this juncture. Yes, some of those SONY DD 5.1s did sound rather good.

Reactions: GOS
Whoa.....I didn't know about this one.......I need to see about finding this. :) Hey Simon...how it goes?

Hey Gene Genie!

Things are pretty good over here. :)

Hope your crops are growing like crazy.

Reactions: GOS
Back