Quad LP/Tape Poll Sinatra, Frank: Some Nice Things I've Missed [CD-4/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Some Nice Things I've Missed

• 10: Great Sound, Great Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Average Sound, Average Mix, Average Content

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Reprise F4-2195, from 1974.

Side 1:

1. You Turned My World Around
2. Sweet Caroline
3. The Summer Knows
4. I'm Gonna Make It All The Way
5. Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree

Side 2:

1. Satisfy Me One More Time
2. If
3. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
4. What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?
5. Bad, Bad Leroy Brown

ED :)

Well, seeing as no one else wants to review this sad beast....:D

The mix is discrete enough, but as conventional as the lackluster choice of material. So if "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" sounded like a joke when Joe Piscopo did it, he didn't need to stretch a lot to get there....:D Pity, that....

Well, whether it is or ain't, for $27, I'm not that interested in finding out, given what it is...:D Although I could ask the seller a question.....

I don't think I ever made it all the way through this one in 1975, and never had the urge to play it again. Sad set of tunes for such a craftsman of song. Too bad Reprise never went back and did any of his Nelson Riddle stuff in quad, but of course most of that was Capitol. "The Main Event" touched on it, but his voice was fading even then.

This one is a 'skipper' to me.

Too true, I'm afraid. But since my mission is to eventually post every quad album ever made--:D--sooner or later this one had to get its thread, and soon to be forgotten, I'm sure(for good reason, though yes, the mix is good).

Sent a note to the seller of the Argentina copy, and this is what he had to say:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]LABEL READS MHQ-440001/2
SERIE TETRASON CUADRAFONICO ESTEREO COMPATIBLE
HOPE ALL THIS MAKES ANY SENSE TO YOU[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]

Well, we know it's gotta be quad, anyway...:D But still doesn't answer whether it's SQ or CD-4.

[/FONT]

As a devoted Sinatra fan, I have to way in on this thread four years after the fact. Yes, I too once thought of "Some Nice Things I've Missed" as a joke. But... the album has really grown on me. No, it is not classic Sinatra/Riddle and Frank is doing pop tunes of the era, but it's a fun album and he sounds like he's having fun making it. I've become quite fond of this one. Frank loved "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" and sang it frequently in concerts. I have about 1000 Frank concerts on mp3 and it shows up frequently in the 70s.

On "Main Event," The Voice isn't what it was for sure, but he's such a confident, ballsy performer, and the Woody Herman band is so great that the whole album says "bad ass" to me. I love this concert. Oh sure, there's concert boots from the 50s and 60s even where that voice was more intact, but for sheer swagger, you can't beat 70s Sinatra concerts. He comes out swinging, so to say. There's a few great ones from the early 80s, too. The voice is even more ragged, but it somehow works for him.

Back