HiRez Poll Sinatra/Martin/Davis - RAT PACK LIVE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Rat Pack - LIVE AT THE VILLA VENICE

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. - The Rat Pack - Live at The Villa Venice

Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Thanks to Matt Rowe over at MusicTap.com I won this disc a year ago.
It is a fun disc, sounds good for a live disc from 1965(?). But I think the Sinatra at The Sands is much better. But if you love any of these guys buy the disc as you will enjoy it.

I'll abstain from voting on this one... I just couldn't get into it, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the merits of the title as a surround release.

Thourly enjoyable disc the music is great the tallent unsurpassed.

But from tapes which are older than m, You get a feel for how great these shows must have been live. However a demo disc for surround its not.

some of the comedy is minus the visual hints

the bonus track is brilliant and just right.

Music gets a 10 for me (not least because its full strength MLP Stereo and 5.1 (4.1?))

Presentation a 8 (when put up against Seals hits disc or a Flaming Lips disc)

Surround is stretching a 6

a strong 8 overall.

I'll abstain from voting on this one... I just couldn't get into it, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the merits of the title as a surround release.
I feel much the same way. It's "fun", it's short, it isn't really too musical, more on stage kidding around, but I don't regret buying it. I'll just not play it much, only about as often as I rewatch Caddyshack.

Great to have the trio on a surround release..
It isn't the worst mix in the world considering the age of the material but it's not quite up there with what we've come to expect lately.

The singing is terrific.
And Deans anarchic humour just adds the final gloss to this show.

The banter, the fun and the music all combine to make The Rat Pack a formidable stage act.

Must have been fantastic to see them live.

An enjoyable 8

Last edited:
Back