Sittin' In by Loggins and Messina: Audio Fidelity Hybrid Stereo SACD (Jan 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I just realized that Sittin' In comes from the abbreviated 31xxx series of Columbia Quad products (31044). Now that really makes me wonder what others from that time-frame are mixed, yet remain unreleased!!!

KC-31063 Blue Oyster Cults' Self-titled Debut?
KC-31098 Moby Grape - Great Grape?
KC-31106 The Raiders - Country Wine?
KG-31249 Edgar Winter/White Trash - Roadwork?
KE-31607 Johnny Nash - I can see clearly Now?
KC-31622 Dr. Hook - Sloppy Seconds?
KZ-31712 The O'Jays - Backstabbers?
KC-31750 Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes?

I do however notice now looking at the discography that there are HUGE chunks of numbers allocated to nothing in this series. That could also explain why the 31xxx series is so small.

Where is there anything about a Sittin' In SACD?
Don't see it on Amazon.

http://www.importcds.com/sittin-in/780014222826

Here it is. No idea if it is stereo or quad. No pix yet.

The link no longer works and I've had the same thing happen before on importcds...I was able to find it but when I tried to click on it for more information it was gone...it has no price(0.00)at this stage...if you adjust the setting to 250 at the top right hand side of the page and scroll down 3 quarters of the way on the page you can see Sittin In with a release date of 12/11 HERE...couldn't find Muscle of Love yet

Mark Anderson has confirmed the earlier results of the Sony Music Tape Library search.
Sittin' In by Loggins and Messina was not recorded in Quad.

Sorry for such a late response. I did not see this post until a year later.

LOGGINS & MESSINA -Sittin' In. CBS/Sony SOPL 30 (SQ) [Japan] is not quad as every copy I have seen is stereo.
This should be removed from the discography.
Sorry for any confusion.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...bia-quad-reels&p=268203&viewfull=1#post268203

Yes, I'm confused now, too. Somebody else in another thread confirmed that it was in Quad an IS coming from AudioFidelity. What happened?

Nothing has changed since the original announcement from Audio Fidelity about the release of Loggins and Messina in Multichannel SACD and the news that is the only Quad tape of the band in the Sony Music library.
See Message # 86 - Loggins and Messina Multichannel SACD Announcement below:

"The self-titled Loggins and Messina album was the only one of the group's albums where the 4 Channel Quad Tapes were in the Sony Music tape library vault. A very fitting tribute to an excellent band."
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...eptember-2015)&p=257480&viewfull=1#post257480

Nothing has changed since the original announcement from Audio Fidelity about the release of Loggins and Messina in Multichannel SACD and the news that is the only Quad tape of the band in the Sony Music library.
See Message # 86 - Loggins and Messina Multichannel SACD Announcement below:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...eptember-2015)&p=257480&viewfull=1#post257480

This is one post I can only give "Thanks" for, nothing personal but I don't "Like" it! :p

Seriously, thanks for confirming that's all the Surround Loggins & Messina we'll be getting from AF for the foreseeable.
Such a shame the other tapes are M.I.A.. :(

(Ah well.. No alternative but to play the bejeesus out of my SQ LPs of Full Sail and Native Sons thru the SQ Vinyl Surround Master then I guess.. oh what a chore.. NOT..!! Hahaha! :D )

I was the poster saying yes, Sittin In will be quad. I heard it from a reliable source. Must have been in error if it is not to be.

There is still the rumor that a 4.0 version was released in Japan.

So we wait a little longer. As far as 2.0 goes, I am happy with my MSFL. However, i have been known to double dip.

Interesting that the preorder price is the same for the other AF 4.0s. May mean something, or not.

There is still the rumor that a 4.0 version was released in Japan.

So we wait a little longer. As far as 2.0 goes, I am happy with my MSFL. However, i have been known to double dip.

Interesting that the preorder price is the same for the other AF 4.0s. May mean something, or not.

Doubtful on the price point. ALL Audio Fidelity SACD's have been $29.99 regardless of multichannel content.

I received my release date update from Amazon and (for what its worth) when I looked at the listing it now shows $29.98 so it has adjusted up to a SACD 4.0 price (again for what its worth) only time will tell :rolleyes:

I received my release date update from Amazon and (for what its worth) when I looked at the listing it now shows $29.98 so it has adjusted up to a SACD 4.0 price (again for what its worth) only time will tell :rolleyes:

There is no 4.0 price for the SACD product from Audio Fidelity. They are are $29.98 unless you find them on sale.

" ALL Audio Fidelity SACD's have been $29.99 regardless of multichannel content."

It's official. Audio Fidelity has announced that Sittin' In by Loggins and Messina will be available as a Hybrid Stereo SACD on Jan 22, 2016.

Sittin In - AF Stereo SACD - Jan 2016.jpg

Back