SM3 just landed !!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have owned the Sansui QS-01 and the QS-500B. The QS-01 has beautiful looks but the 500B had built in rear channel amps. Your QS-100 is a nice blend between the two.

What all three have in common is the earliest of early Sansui decoders. To pair a Surround Master with this, and be able to switch back & forth, would be very interesting. I look forward to your comparisons!
Thank you Sonic wiz , I’m occupied with work at the moment but this is intentions , when I find some free time I ll hook it up and see what comes out !

I have a question again !

As I have not any quadrophonic material such as cassettes or 4 channels LP’s ,etc etc , my primarily use is the SM3 is to decode stereo to 4 channels so I use the SM3 only at involve 4.1 or TSS mode ( stereophonic effect from stereo set up ) and I do not have a sub nor a central speaker .
Is this correct ?
Cheers
Kostis

I have a question again !

As I have not any quadrophonic material such as cassettes or 4 channels LP’s ,etc etc , my primarily use is the SM3 is to decode stereo to 4 channels so I use the SM3 only at involve 4.1 or TSS mode ( stereophonic effect from stereo set up ) and I do not have a sub nor a central speaker .
Is this correct ?
Cheers
Kostis

Yes you are correct. If you have decent speakers properly set up you shouldn't need a center front for music. And the outputs from the SM is full range, no bass taken away for the sub woofer. The sub woof is just a nicety to be used if needed.

Of course you can also listen to stereo in the SQ mode but results will be very front heavy. The Involve/QS mode is better for stereo playback.

Back