Someone paid a lot for a fake - Pink Floyd LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Italian friends may have something to say about suggesting they're Gnomes especially with no pasta in sight!

Is MADE OF STONE AL DENTE ENUF FOR YOU, DUNC?

See the source image

I suppose this is aimed at the retro vinyl crowd. The ones who buy vinyl to hang on the wall as art or want to hear their favorite mp3 songs with vinyl damage artifacts for nostalgia. These are facsimile collector's items.

Just trying to imagine an angle where your bs detector wouldn't be screaming immediately!

How do these guys get away with this stuff. So much fake surround on eBay, esp Beatles stuff. Makes me crazy to see stuff like Let It Be DTS CDs being sold right after the real release comes out, but this one really takes the cake. 'Still Sealed!" LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1749909877...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
And the balls it takes to offer what is obviously a cheap bootleg for $300!!!! You can get the real thing in SQ for way less than that. I have a couple of copies. Of course, mine are not limited edition Quadradiscs!!! LOL.

How would a 'criminal organised group' make any money out of a record someone had donated to a charity?
Are you saying that the entire pressings are donated to a charity for zero profit? I was referring to the organisation who produced the record.

Are you saying that the entire pressings are donated to a charity for zero profit?
No, you said you thought a criminal enterprise was somehow involved in the sale of this record by a charity ("Sad to see a criminal organised group using charities to sell their illegal products"). But that makes no sense. In the UK the public donate items to charities for them to sell in their High Street shops. If a shop does not have enough space, or items go unsold in that local shop they are passed to central depots for mass disposal, including via on-line auction sites. That is almost certainly what what would have happened with this particular LP. Charity shops do not act as retailers for third party commercial sellers. They only sell stuff which has been gifted to them so the only people who make a profit from a sale are the charity.

Last edited:
Someone may have bought the record, not liked it, and donated it to charity.

I do remember some boots in the mid 80's became very nicely done as far as the packaging, there were Pink Floyd ones of DSOTM that were
made of wood of the triangle prism which was hinged to open, The Wall one was router cut of the brick wall the also opened up
and a few others the looked very good and if I remember correctly they were Italian made, or at least they were marked as such.

How do these guys get away with this stuff. So much fake surround on eBay, esp Beatles stuff. Makes me crazy to see stuff like Let It Be DTS CDs being sold right after the real release comes out, but this one really takes the cake. 'Still Sealed!" LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1749909877...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
The Meddle 5.1 mix included (but hidden) in the Early Years box set was transferred to DTS and quickly sold as a standalone disc on eBay. Fancy designed graphics and all.

it does take a brazen person and there is risk involved.

Last edited:
The original half speed tape that Alan Parsons used to master the original Dark Side of the Moon release is recorded on 4 track reel 2 reel and it is in quad format. This has never officially been released but can be sourced on bootleg (Bootlegs were widely available back in the 1970/80s) , I have an old Japanese copy. For whatever reason (costs technical who knows) only a stereo version was released until the 30th Anniversary 5.1 SACD version which is the Quad with centre speaker. That reel to reel appears now and again on DVD cos that original genuine reel to reel is available in digital format and can be found on the internet and its available in 3 formats 44/16 48/16 and there is also a dolbysurround mixdown version. Its called multitrack but its not like 16 or 24 tracks its just a copy of the multitrack recording as a single track. but it is in full surround and probably the best version you can find on any format, period.

Back