Someone With A Quadrophonic SQ Decoder Needed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admaciaszek

I am doing research into visualizing spatial sound in VR. I want to reproduce Quadrophonic inputs in Vr and show the direction of sounds. I have a recording of an SQ record I wanted to use for demonstration purposes If someone could convert this into 4 discrete audio files for each channel I would pay them for their efforts

I know SQ isn't the best source for vintage quad demos but the recording I have isn't just music its one of the demonstration tapes with an announcer who talks about the advantages of Quad giving it an authentic 70s feel. If you already have a recording of a discrete demonstration tape I would be very interested.

The file is 32-bit signed wav stereo SQ Encoded 321Mb and is 16 minutes long cant share it directly here but please DM me or email me at [email protected]

I will be sure to! Is ambisonics an area of interest here?
I converted Quadrasonic files to third-order O3A ambisonic files and I then plotted the magnitude and direction of sound on a 2D plane. And then I project that 2D plane indicating sound onto a 360-degree hemisphere

Back