Songs that give a body rush...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of Pink Floyd's catalog.
Careful With That Axe, Eugene
Cirrus Minor
A Saucerful Of Secrets
The Narrow Way
Dogs
The coda from Shine On (with particular mention of 2 Jul 1977 MSG performance)

Steve Howe's guitar solo at the end of Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans
Starship Trooper
Gates Of Delirium
Close To The Edge

The Beatles - She's So Heavy

Such moments for me within these:

Bruford - Sahara Of Snow part 1, Hell's Bells,
Crack The Sky - Safety In Numbers, Lighten Up McGraw,
Genesis - Firth of Fifth, Cinema Show, Robbery, Assault & Battery, All In A Mouse's Night, Ripples, Mad Man Moon, The Lady Lies,
Gentle Giant - His Last Voyage, Aspirations,
Allan Holdsworth - If There Is One,
King Crimson - Exiles (USA live), Epitaph, Starless, The Night Watch,
Happy The Man - Steaming Pipes,
Jeff Buckley - Mojo Pin, So Real,
Led Zeppelin - In The Light, Kashmir, No Quarter,
Ozric Tentacles - Erpland, Jurassic, Shift,
Rush - Distant Early Warning, Limelight, Subdivisions, YYZ, Turn The Page, The Mission,
Yes - To Be Over, Close To The Edge, Gates Of Delirium,

I used to love the music rush I would get from being at a concert long ago (before cell phones and fans who'd rather talk to each other than listen to the artist) and the performer would play a song that was special to me in one way or another. It didn't matter if I'd heard it too many times or if I even still played it a lot. Just hearing that opening line or intro sometimes would send a shiver right down my spine, literally.

It's hard to get that feeling these days, but I am sure that you've all experienced it at one time or another. You really can't explain it either, and it doesn't always happen with the same song, it's just that convergence of thought and mind and performance. Very cool.

Ooh! One more. This one went tragically unnoticed a few years back. Simple but dangerously good, with one of the most perfect little guitar solos I've ever heard:

(There's a long, besotted entry in the Comments section that explains this song better than I can, heh.)

A lot of Pink Floyd's catalog.
Careful With That Axe, Eugene
Cirrus Minor
A Saucerful Of Secrets
The Narrow Way
Dogs
The coda from Shine On (with particular mention of 2 Jul 1977 MSG performance)

Steve Howe's guitar solo at the end of Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans
Starship Trooper
Gates Of Delirium
Close To The Edge

The Beatles - She's So Heavy
Careful With That Axe Eugene definitely one of my favs to play as loud as possible with as many speakers as possible, all versions: studio single, Electric Moo, zabriskie point, Pompeii and KQED performances probably my favorite song after Piper album, also intro to Atom Heart Mother from KQED, basically the whole performance actually, except Set The Controls(which is better on the Pompeii show). Jimi Hendrix Woodstock versions of Love Theme, Jam at the House, Voodo child, The Who 1969 London Coliseum show(first live performance of Tommy) these shows are burned onto my soul.

Back