Sonic Benefits of 8 Channel exaSound e38 DAC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be shopping for a good-condition Zektor MAS3 or a newer model to switch among multiple multichannel sources.

With all this "stuff" around...exaSound e38, Surround Master V2, Dolby Atomos, etc...yes it is true that it might be time to requisition something like this:

https://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/mas71.asp
Assuming one can even buy one. And then with Atmos, does it have enough outputs or even applicable to Atmos? More investigation/deep thinking required.

With all this "stuff" around...exaSound e38, Surround Master V2, Dolby Atomos, etc...yes it is true that it might be time to requisition something like this:

https://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/mas71.asp
Assuming one can even buy one. And then with Atmos, does it have enough outputs or even applicable to Atmos? More investigation/deep thinking required.
I think you'll be paying a lot for HDMI capabilities.

Check the older Zektor switches. Ebay is your friend.

With all this "stuff" around...exaSound e38, Surround Master V2, Dolby Atomos, etc...yes it is true that it might be time to requisition something like this: https://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/mas71.aspAssuming one can even buy one. And then with Atmos, does it have enough outputs or even applicable to Atmos? More investigation/deep thinking required.
I think you'll be paying a lot for HDMI capabilities.
Check the older Zektor switches. Ebay is your friend.
I have one of those which, of course, predates Atmos and is HDMI v.1.3. For audio only, though, it is just dandy.

Zero interest in Dolby Atmos or Auro 3D ... now if I had a "man cave" setup in the basement, OK then, cutouts in the ceiling can be part of the deal. But my setup is in the main living room with a 58"/147cm Plasma TV, and the front speakers are shared with a big all-tube setup to the right of the AV system. (The external speaker crossovers have changeover switches between the AVR and the 2-channel setup, with isolated grounds.) If I was really bonkers, I'd replace the Marantz MM8003 with a triplet of stereo tube amplifiers, but I'm not quite that nuts, burning up KT88's or EL34's to watch "Chernobyl" on HBO.

In the long term, yes, I'd like to replace the aging (but still very good) REL Strata II with a more modern pair of subwoofers, one on each side, and working in stereo when playing music. The hardest part was finding a Center speaker that matched the tonality of the Ariel speakers, which are much flatter than most HT speakers, especially HT-flavor Center speakers, which typically have an emphasized midrange. I eventually settled on a Dynaudio Contour with the Esotar tweeter as the center, but my that was expensive. Then again, the drivers in the Ariels weren't that cheap either, and the crossovers use far more expensive parts than the Dynaudios. I had high hopes that Audyssey equalization could match everything, but nope, the sound is very definitely worse with the EQ engaged, so I leave everything flat.

Back