Sonore ISO2DSD stopped working!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hey team -

Oh boy.....trouble in GOS land. So, getting to the point. I've been rippind SACD ever since we all discovered our Oppo's could do so, utilizing Sonore software. Well, it appears I haven't ripped any SACD's since I had to get a new laptop.

So, I downloaded Sonore software, plugged in my IP address for my Oppo...pop in SACD and...wait for it......

NOTHING! Nothing happens. Zip, zilch, nada. I suppose there is another part to the process that I totally forgot I need to do, but no clue what it is.

Yes, I still have the memory stick with the proper files installed on my Oppo. I never changed that. Only difference is new laptop. Ugh....

Hey team -

Oh boy.....trouble in GOS land. So, getting to the point. I've been rippind SACD ever since we all discovered our Oppo's could do so, utilizing Sonore software. Well, it appears I haven't ripped any SACD's since I had to get a new laptop.

So, I downloaded Sonore software, plugged in my IP address for my Oppo...pop in SACD and...wait for it......

NOTHING! Nothing happens. Zip, zilch, nada. I suppose there is another part to the process that I totally forgot I need to do, but no clue what it is.

Yes, I still have the memory stick with the proper files installed on my Oppo. I never changed that. Only difference is new laptop. Ugh....
I don't know the oppo stuff, only Sony, but does it need Java installed for Sonore?

A few things that I always need to check when using this process:
1. remove any external USB drive to Oppo
2. In Java GUI utility, select Server input; leve port on 2002
3. turn on Oppo with memory stick in, tray should eject
4. close tray with an SACD

In the past, I have tied to do this without turning off the Oppo so I try to be very methodical in the steps. Double check your Oppo IP.

Gotta be something simple

I'd suggest you try running the compatibility troubleshooter - right click on the iso2dsd_gui.exe file, and pick 'properties' and the click 'Run compatibility troubleshooter'.

If that doesn't work, try just doing it manually - tick the 'run this program in compatibility mode' and pick some earlier version of windows, maybe Windows 7 or Windows 8 (or whatever OS your old laptop was running).

1598666907261.png

Also (if you haven't done this already), just to rule it out as an issue you might think about re-downloading the software, just to eliminate corruption as the source of your problems.

OK everyone. I figured it out, and yes, it was something "easy"

Again, since I have a new PC, I had to download Sonore software again. When I download stuff, I direct it to my download folder. From there, I drag what I intend to keep to its proper folder on my desktop. I did it no different this time, extracted to a folder. Only, there were some other items that came with iso2dsd program that I didn't think mattered. (text files, etc)

Well, guess what? I decided to grab all those additional "tidbits" and drug them to my desktop Sonore folder and boom, it worked. I honestly don't know which of the tidbits was essential....but, who cares. :) Thanks for all the advice, etc.

Again, since I have a new PC, I had to download Sonore software again. When I download stuff, I direct it to my download folder. From there, I drag what I intend to keep to its proper folder on my desktop. I did it no different this time, extracted to a folder. Only, there were some other items that came with iso2dsd program that I didn't think mattered. (text files, etc)

Well, guess what? I decided to grab all those additional "tidbits" and drug them to my desktop Sonore folder and boom, it worked. I honestly don't know which of the tidbits was essential....but, who cares. :) Thanks for all the advice, etc.
Great, so now go ahead and start removing each little bit one by one until it doesnā€™t work anymore; then you can report back to us which piece is essential šŸ˜

So instead of spending their time trying to steal peopleā€˜s identities, perhaps we can get one of those black hat hackers to join QQ as the resident digital-audio-hacking troubleshooter. This kind of stuff doesnā€™t come easily to some of us old farts!

Glad it worked out for you GOS.

So instead of spending their time trying to steal peopleā€˜s identities, perhaps we can get one of those black hat hackers to join QQ as the resident digital-audio-hacking troubleshooter. This kind of stuff doesnā€™t come easily to some of us old farts!

Glad it worked out for you GOS.
It really doesn't come easy! When things like ripping SACD's works (meaning, after hours of throwing darts), all is good. But if something becomes disconnected, I'm usually screwed.

Here is a picture of the additional "tidbits" I had to drag into the folder to get it to work. The ones with check marks are the ones.....
Yeah, someone will tell me "yes Gos, you should have known it wouldn't work without those" lmao

1598706498507.png

Back