Sonos Arc Soundbar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPR

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Wow! Dolby Atmos, DD+; must have E Arc TV for TruePlay; no matter; sounds great with all music, tv and video; DVD Audio converts to DD 5.1 through Samsung Blu-ray; Atmos through Netflix, Amazon Prime; worth every nickel of $799
847BDFF7-D27F-49BC-BDA6-577970CD8749.jpeg
96D86D0D-4A4C-4FBA-8F47-870E5F70B2B8.jpeg

👍

I’m thinking of getting a Sonos Arc w/sub soon for my tv. I have a 5.1 system for Blu-rays but never wanted to full Atmos because I would need a new receiver and more speakers (wife factor comes into play).
The Sonos Arc looks like a good compromise for watching tv based programs (streaming) in Dolby Atmos.
‘My current Yamaha sound bar isn’t cutting it for great sound qualit, it’s just ok.

Great device with 1 drawback; can’t listen to DTS , unless you have a Samsung or Oppo Blu-ray player; only those two & I think the X/Box will convert DTS to DD 5.1; most Blu-ray Discs are DTS; bummer; also you must have a NEW TV with an E/arc HDMI to attain Full Dolby Atmos; an Arc hdmi will produce compressed Atmos

I did buy the Sonos Arc with its subwoofer last week and I am impressed with its sound quality. Tried Disney+’s LOKI and HBO Max’s Space Jam 2 and both replicated Dolby Atmos sound very well.
Pricey yes but the space saving and the fact it will be used every day for all sorts of programming (we stream a lot), it will get way more use than my traditional 5.2 system with a Denon receiver and my Sony X800m2 4K player.
It makes watching tv fun again.

Last edited:
Back