Sony 700 blue ray help please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRIinIT

I just received my first SACD for MoFi of Morning After. The last two days I’ve been messing around with the setting and can’t get it to read the 5.1 layer. Here’s my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It’s a Sony ubp x700 going into a Onkyo NR656 via HDMI cable. Thank you
0C6B5CDD-9E47-4AB9-BF86-B16E1DF1B1D6.jpeg

I just received my first SACD for MoFi of Morning After. The last two days I’ve been messing around with the setting and can’t get it to read the 5.1 layer. Here’s my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It’s a Sony ubp x700 going into a Onkyo NR656 via HDMI cable. Thank youView attachment 46518 View attachment 46518View attachment 46518View attachment 46518

MoFi's STEREO SACD Remaster of J Geils Band THE MORNING AFTER does not have a multichannel layer, only a CD Layer ....
CMFSA2206_.jpg

Hybrid STEREO SACD

Well damn!! Thanks guys. Didn’t even think of that. I kept wondering if there would be a poll. Know I know why. Derp!!
Don't worry, I actually made the same mistake. I purchased a universal player, SACD, DVD, etc, I bought 2 SACD's for my grand opening, but the two I purchased where SACD stereo. Took me about 5 mins to realize the mistake I did.

Don't worry, I actually made the same mistake. I purchased a universal player, SACD, DVD, etc, I bought 2 SACD's for my grand opening, but the two I purchased where SACD stereo. Took me about 5 mins to realize the mistake I did.
I bought an Oppo 203 and a quad SACD.
I couldn't get any sound.
My AVR only had an optical digital input.
Didn't know I needed HDMI or M/C analog in.
My expensive journey began...

Welcome to the club, @MRIinIT . We've all suffered through these kind of burps. When I got my first DVD-A, my Marantz wouldn't play the DVD-A layer, only the Dolby layer. After several hours, I went digging through the manual only to discover that the bloody machine wouldn't play MC DVD-A with the center channel set to "phantom." Ugh!

Welcome to the club, @MRIinIT . We've all suffered through these kind of burps. When I got my first DVD-A, my Marantz wouldn't play the DVD-A layer, only the Dolby layer. After several hours, I went digging through the manual only to discover that the bloody machine wouldn't play MC DVD-A with the center channel set to "phantom." Ugh!
I’m getting there slowly but surely. A lot of great knowledgeable help from here for sure. Thank you

Back